Author Topic: Help to find Donald Standfeld (?) please  (Read 2844 times)

Martin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • www.ashton-under-lyne.com
Help to find Donald Standfeld (?) please
« on: April 12, 2011, 10:44 PM »
I have received an email in French from someone keen to get in touch with a man from Ashton who has been going on holiday to Brittany for many years. She gives the name Donald Standfeld, although I wonder if it is perhaps Stanfield or Stansfield, which are more common in this area.

He is around 80 years old, with grown-up children David and Kevin, and is divorced from his wife Alice.

She can no longer reach him on his mobile phone and wonders if he is in hospital, since he was quite ill early last year.

Is this ringing any bells with anyone? Can anyone offer any information or suggestions, please.
Martin

Martin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Help to find Donald Standfeld (?) please
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2011, 09:52 PM »

78 views so far and no suggestions? Oh dear.
Martin

Fudge

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2011, 09:20 AM »
Hi Martin I have had a look for you the only m coming up in Tameside for a Donald Stanfield to a Alice Winifred Moore shows they were both m before and also gives Frith as a surname for her they had a Civil wedding in 1979. Can't pick him up being born in Ashton Picked a Kevin Stanfield up in Ashton in 1958 being born but no Alan mothers maiden name Richardson. Fudge

Martin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2011, 10:16 AM »
Gosh, that sounds a promising lead, Fudge! I wouldn't know where to start looking for any of this!

The other grown-up son was David, rather than Alan, by the way. Of course, if Donald and Alice had had previous marriages then it is possible that that Kevin and/or David's mother(s) was/were someone other than Alice.
Martin

Fudge

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2011, 01:16 PM »
David Stanfield b 1960 Ashton mossley area Mother of both boys Richardson found a marriage Donald Stanfield m 2nd qrt 1958 Barbara Richardson  m Oldham Kevin was born 4th qrt So it looks like the right line. Found a marriage for a David Stanfield Christ Church Denton in 1986  to a Elizabeth Lorraine Gregg That might jog someones memory . Fudge