Author Topic: John Alexandra Bates  (Read 4267 times)

lin46

• View Profile
John Alexandra Bates
« on: March 04, 2011, 10:46 PM »
could anyone please see if they can find any information on john Alexandra bates all i know is he married a Phyllis cornall in 1941 at lancashire registry office they had a daughter Yvonne bates born 31st may 1941 but Phyllis remarried in 1948 i am trying to find a date of birth for john and a date of death also i am wondering if he re married? sorry havent got much to go on as everyone has since passed away

Vanessa

Re: John Alexandra Bates
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2011, 11:34 PM »
There's a death at Chorley, Lancs
John Alexander Bates June 1998, his date of birth is 25th March 1914.

Tried to find the birth, there's a John A. Bates Apr quarter 1914 but its Rugby, Warwickshire and I can't find out what the initial A stands for, one in Wirral March Quarter 1914, but the A may stand for Andrew, so its not him.

Vanessa

lin46

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2011, 09:40 AM »
Thanks very much Vanessa the date of death is great i know when he married Phyllis they lived in morcambe lancashire before Phyllis remarried and moved to birkdale i think that's where she lived in southport i wonder if john Alexandra bates remarried?

Vanessa

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2011, 08:22 PM »

John Alexander Bates married Winifred Eleanor Jemson at the Carey Baptist, Pole Street, Preston, 1974
She died at Chorley March 1997, her date of birth was 19th January 1915.

Vanessa

lin46

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2011, 10:01 PM »
thanks Vanessa it was late for him to marry 1974? wonder if he married before that to anybody else or if there was any more children he outlived his daughter she died in 1993 :(

Vanessa

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2011, 11:49 PM »
No other marriages show up for him, he could have lived with someone and had children with her, but there's no way to prove that at the moment. His obituary might give some clues, but you would need to get his death certificate to find where he died so you can find the local newspaper, there's nothing online for this time.

Vanessa

jemson

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2014, 05:56 PM »
i don't know if this is the right john alexander bates that you are looking for, my mum married him, she was winifred eleanor jemson. 
  previously he lived at preston in the town center & married to phyllis & later they moved to fulwood (north of preston) where phyllis died, and i think he had 4 sons, raymond, arthur, david & i think another.
i also have a faint recollection of my mum saying that when john was younger he was in the brethren (religion) and left it possibly because of his marriage or an illegitemate child.
roy jemson

Fudge

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2014, 10:56 PM »
On the Lancashire Free BMD  it Gives John Alexander Bates m Phyllis Cornall 1941 Preston Resister office registrar attended ( ANESS )
Children Raymond John Bates b 1941
 Arthur William Bates b 1944
David Alexander b 1947 mothers maiden name Cornall all born Fulwood     Fudge

lin46

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2015, 11:00 PM »
Sorry only just got back on here and read this, my phyllis Bates was not married it was the maiden name she used ts got no father on the birth certificate.  :(