Author Topic: Bowden and Chadwick Family  (Read 2453 times)

Trish

• View Profile
Bowden and Chadwick Family
« on: November 26, 2010, 12:09 AM »
Am looking for descendants of my mother's recently discovered half-sister.   Ada Bowden (nee Chadwick) (1905-1984) married Wm. Bowden in 1940.   Ada was a widow and living at Flat 2, Ravensfield House, Dukinfield when she died.

There are a possible 2 sons from this marriage - Robert Bowden (1941-2003) and William Bowden (1944-2008).   On the Tameside Burial Records found a Wm. Bowden living at 16 Milton Close, Dukinfield when he died in 2008 and a  Robert Bowden with an address of 2 Sugar Lane, Dobcross, Oldham.

There is also a Peter Chadwick who was living at 14 Mayfair Close, Dukinfield in 1984.   Found a 1992 death record for a Peter Chadwick living at 45 Vicarage Road, Ashton but not sure if they are one and the same. 

Many thanks, Trish

Vanessa

Re: Bowden and Chadwick Family
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2010, 01:55 PM »
I found 2 Bowden marriages that could fit

Robert Bowden married Margaret Kinder at St. Stephen, Audenshaw 1960 they had
Louise J. 1961 Ashton under Lyne
Margaret E 1961 Ashton under Lyne
Helen Ann 1967 Ashton under Lyne

William Bowden married Joyce Williams Christ Church Ashton under Lyne 1966, they had
Ian 1971 born Ashton Hospital

The burial record of Robert Bowden says he was an engineer and died at home in Dobcross, his ashes were collected.
The burial record of William Bowden says he died in the Manchester Royal Infirmary and his ashes were scattered.

You could try writing to the 2 addresses given on the burial records, I found my long lost cousins this way. Enclose a stamped address envelope.
Vanessa

Trish

• View Profile
Re: Bowden and Chadwick Family
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2010, 07:04 AM »
Thanks, Vanessa
 :)