Author Topic: Ashton Pictures  (Read 518971 times)

Fudge

• View Profile
Re: Ashton Pictures
« Reply #75 on: October 19, 2011, 07:17 PM »
Ha Ha I went to the Indian Temple on Sunday night to start my celebration with them. A super night and plenty of activities with a fab fire work display at the end. Fudge

Ashtonian54

« Reply #76 on: October 19, 2011, 08:28 PM »
Are those Christmas lights over Penny Meadow?  :))

"May this Diwali bring joy, health and wealth to you. May the festival of lights brighten up you and your near and dear ones lives. May the Diwali light show us the way and lead us together on the path of peace harmony WISH U A VERY HAPPY DIWALI"    

"Diwali is one of the biggest festival of Hindus, celebrated with great enthusiasm and happiness in India. The festival is celebrated for five continuous days, where the third days is celebrated as the main Diwali festival or 'Festival of lights'. Different colorful varieties of fireworks are always associated with this festival. On this auspicious day, people light up diyas and candles all around their house. They perform Laxmi Puja in the evening and seek divine blessings of Goddess of Wealth. The festival of Diwali is never complete without exchange of gifts. People present diwali gifts to all near and dear ones."

Diwali is on Wednesday, October 26, 2011.

Thirty8ers

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 19, 2011, 09:56 PM »
Meg,
I think the lights on Penny Meadow are for Diwali on 26th October,
June

Thirty8ers

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 19, 2011, 10:09 PM »
Oops...I seem to have turned two pages together!

:D

pamela

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 27, 2011, 06:37 PM »
Thanks for the pics Bill,I love seeing the changes and trying to figure my way around !!! isn,t the pub on Lees rd opposite St Damians? When I was at school there a long time ago it was a little old place, and we seniors would nip over the road to buy crisps, that was when the Hartshead estate was newly built.
Politicians and nappies should be changed frequently...and for the same reason!!!

lydia

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 27, 2011, 11:15 PM »
And now the new st damians is open and old one demolished, my daughter left there 12 years ago and did so well there.

Vanessa

« Reply #81 on: November 01, 2011, 09:24 PM »

This cheeky chappie was watching me dig my garden waiting for tasty morsals

Vanessa

Fudge

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 01, 2011, 10:04 PM »
Thats a lovely photo I love Robins you could use that for your Christmas Cards Fudge

Vanessa

« Reply #83 on: November 01, 2011, 10:20 PM »
Thanks Fudge and yes, I plan to use it for my Christmas cards. Everytime I looked round it was there looking over my shoulder, I couldn't believe how close it came.

Vanessa

paul_b

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 02, 2011, 12:39 AM »
Smashing picture,thanks for sharing it.

Dannyx6

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 02, 2011, 09:00 AM »
 :) :) Really lovely photograph Vanessa. He must have felt very safe whilst he sat watching you.

Dannyx6

Dannyx6

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 02, 2011, 09:07 AM »
Hi Bill,
Thank you for your very interesting pictures, they really keep us up todate 'downunder' We are so lucky having you and Vanessa bringing the changing face of Ashton to us. Of course, Martin also is on the ball. Think we would need a tour guide without your helpful photography.
Many Thanks Dannyx6  :) :)

Fudge

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 02, 2011, 10:02 AM »
Last Tues I went to see Martin give a slide show for the Civic on pictures of buildings it was very interesting and it showed the lovely stone work on many buildings in Ashton hope to see more at another talk some time next year.

The next night went to see Gay at the Archives doing a talk on Sugar and Slaves about the Duckinfield Family from Dukinfield. Another well presented and interesting talk. Fudge

Vanessa

« Reply #88 on: November 02, 2011, 02:22 PM »

Here's a few more shots of the same bird

http://www.flickr.com/photos/snapshistory/sets/72157627905606933/

Believe it or not, my cat was sat next to me supervising my digging showing no interest in the bird at all, infact he keeps all the other cats off the garden and so safeguards the birds.
I love this digital technology, it so easy to use and we (Bill, Martin etc.) can show you what is happening in Ashton within hours of taking the photo and spread it all over the world, amazing.

Vanessa

chrisandangie

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 03, 2011, 10:05 PM »
Be warned, I have just got me my dream video camera, made by Mr Sony, full HD, dosent wobble when you wobble ( image stabiliser )  ;D and everything else, the dog's do do's  ;D   We are off to Lanzarote on Sunday ( well half the family, Mr burglar ! ) ,but when I get back , I will be brandishing said camera everywhere, and cop this is has a built in projector, so I can bore people 5ft by 5ft  :D
If it sounds too good to be true,it probably is!