Author Topic: Ashton Pictures  (Read 518975 times)

Nan

• View Profile
Re: Ashton Pictures
« Reply #60 on: June 08, 2011, 08:12 PM »
Settled in very well thanks Bill and really love it here. Neighbours are really friendly, which helps a lot. Only 5 minutes from the sea front at Knott End, and an easy drive in to Cleveleys and Fleetwood. The weather isn`t too bad here. Had quite a bit of rain, but mainly at night. Several grey days, and lots of sunshine, but the wind really gets  up very often with being close to the sea. It`s lovely though, and I think we made the right decision in moving here. It`s just a totally different way of life. We get over to Ashton to see the family on a regular basis too, and our youngest daughter and her children have spent a few days here with us which was lovely.

Ashtonian54

« Reply #61 on: August 12, 2011, 01:17 AM »
Once again, an interesting selection Bill!
Always enjoy your views from Ashton.
I liked them all but especially the Old Street pictures.

Jayess

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 12, 2011, 02:13 AM »
Gee Bill--It is 53yrs since I left Ashton although I have been back to Ashton 20 yrs ago & the place had changed a lot then but I do not think I would even know tha place any more --The photos are very good & it is so great to see all the changes -- I am glad to see you are now putting the names of the places which is great to all of us who migrated to all the faraway places --Thanks Bill --keep up the good work .  Jayess

KENNETHO

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 12, 2011, 04:32 AM »
I WILL SECOND THAT JAYESS CHEERS KENNETHO

Ashtonian54

« Reply #64 on: August 14, 2011, 05:59 PM »
Burlington, my street!

52 Tatton St then 108 Burlington St.

greeny

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 16, 2011, 12:40 PM »
hi the new northern bypass that starts at charlestown station to penny meadow , have they got to pull st marys school down now a mosque ?, if they dont pull it down the road will narrow near school yard and railway ? or are they waiting for the new mosque on hillgate to be completed, went by a few weeks ago and new mosque looks nearly ready ?its a mavelous building

heather

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 16, 2011, 01:02 PM »
Yes, they are waiting for the completion of the new mosque before they demolish the old one.
Heather

Ashtonian54

« Reply #67 on: August 21, 2011, 09:33 PM »
Ah! I see the spelling mistake!

KENNETHO

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 21, 2011, 10:55 PM »
thats what we are known for dropping the  H  cheers kennetho

Jayess

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 21, 2011, 11:59 PM »
Hi Kenny  -- How things have changed --- It Looks like they have a mobile Police Station which I suppose is trying to find the Missing "H" -- See Kenny, in our young days we only had the cop on a bike that was mobile-- Jayess

KENNETHO

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 22, 2011, 04:33 AM »
things have changed jayess we used the goolkeepernear queens rd. to warn us when the cop was on his way and we would scoot untill he passed on his way to hurst cross and then it was game on again. oh yes those were days indeed plenty of fun and freshair. cheers, ken.

Ashtonian54

« Reply #71 on: October 07, 2011, 07:13 PM »
Love the view from Moss Lane.

Son of Nomad

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 08, 2011, 12:31 PM »
Bill - your photo of the Red House pub on Lees Road reminds me of the one and only time I went in there. I took a girlfriend in one evening in 1972 and it was nearly a disaster. For some reason I still don't understand I must have gone in the wrong door because there was a dartboard right by the door and a player was just about to throw when I went through. He managed to pull his throw in time and avoid skewering me but gave me a real dirty look. Did I feel embarrassed!

Martin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • www.ashton-under-lyne.com
« Reply #73 on: October 08, 2011, 09:39 PM »
Although not a pub I know well, I was in there not long ago.  It's been done up after being closed for some time and they've mede a good job of it.  Let's hope it stays open.

One of the windows was boarded up when I drove past yesterday.
Martin

Meg

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 19, 2011, 11:44 AM »
Are those Christmas lights over Penny Meadow?  :))
"Minds are like parachutes, they only function when open"  Thomas Dewar