Author Topic: ED MILIBAND  (Read 3279 times)

greeny

• View Profile
ED MILIBAND
« on: September 26, 2010, 09:39 AM »
hi i see ed pipped is brother at the post , i think its the right choice ed miliband being leader of the labour party ,all we need now is a general election,  :D

GayJ

• Dukky Duck
    • View Profile
    • Tameside Family History
Re: ED MILIBAND
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2010, 10:55 AM »
I was gutted for David.  Although I do believe his campaign was rather more cerebral than his brother's and didn't connect as well with the ordinary Labour membership, but I also believe David Cameron was more afraid of David and that Labour may be out in the wilderness longer than if David had won. David Cameron will consistently castigate Ed as Red Ed and in the pocket of the Unions.

Ed will have to distance himself from the likes of Bob Crowe fairly rapidly.  Don't get me wrong I was a lifelong member of Unison, but the more left wing unions tend to lose their own arguments.
Don't let the B***ds grind you down.

Denise

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2010, 02:02 PM »
Interesting read from The Independent today..........

Link
You're only given a little spark of madness, don't waste it!

Assheton

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2010, 05:45 PM »
hi i see ed pipped is brother at the post , i think its the right choice ed miliband being leader of the labour party ,all we need now is a general election,  :D
So that Red Ed could lose? You can't seriously think he would win!!
The Black Knight rides again!

GayJ

• Dukky Duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2010, 11:39 PM »
Although I am still rather devastated that Labour chose the wrong brother - Ed is appealing to the younger generation and not oldies like us.

greeny

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2010, 12:16 PM »
hi we might be crying out for red ed after the con dem pact finish, and the labour party have always had links to the trade unions . through them our living standards got better unlike this lots thats in now our living standards will slowly be hacked at and we will be back to square one    just a thought  :D

herby

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2010, 07:10 AM »
Hi Greeny
                If its a tory government you can bet on it.      herby     

Denise

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2010, 10:14 AM »
Felt rather sorry for David, being cast aside after 20 years, but his wife seems overjoyed. Touch of the 'Mafia-style loyalty' about the Miliband brothers' relationship. Ed also reminds me of Uriah Heep in Dickens' 'David Copperfield', rubbing his hands together in immodest glee. Weird face too!!  The press will have a field day with the caricatures!!  :-\

GayJ

• Dukky Duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2010, 10:55 AM »
The only one of the contenders who denied this was Ed Balls and his is likely to become shadow chancellor in Miliband D's absence.

David was too much the gentleman to slate off his predecessors, whereas younger Miliband is more ruthless.  I am gutted!!!!

herby

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2010, 05:23 PM »
hi Bill
          Just tried to have a look secret Iraq couldn't view it. Said Not available in your area. herby 

Denise

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2010, 05:59 PM »
Herby,  Perhaps you'll be better able to access it on YouTube. Here's PT1 of 4 on there.   :)

Secret Iraq - Pt1

Ashtonian54

« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2010, 06:52 PM »
hi Bill
          Just tried to have a look secret Iraq couldn't view it. Said Not available in your area. herby 

Ask for a trial on vpngates.com, usually 24 hours.
I find it very satisfactory,

I mean watching that girl hit her friend on Xfactor was worth the cost alone!
I've watched Daggart and Inspector Frost and Foyles and Miss Marple, Alfie and Kat, Janine back to her old ways. Panorama &c. and so on. If it was up to me, I'd cancel my TV subscription and get everything online.

greeny

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2010, 09:11 PM »
hi the bank of england are now telling savers to dip into there nest eggs and spend money to help the economy , first i must say what nest egg ? we wont get pensions like the chairman of the top banks or companies so any saving that we may have will be needed to survive ,when we retire mind you the interest that savings do get you might as well go and blow it  :D

daftjack

• POWER TO THE PEOPLE....KEEP THE NET FREE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2010, 06:38 AM »
Hi All..........There is only one use for a politician, When he/she dies use them for landfill. It is the only way they will ever be able to 'prop up' the Country.

Just a thought.......

Daftjack. (Back in the land of the living for a week)

;D ;D ;D