Author Topic: samuel lees st michaels parish  (Read 2572 times)

steandelaine

• View Profile
samuel lees st michaels parish
« on: April 26, 2010, 07:20 PM »
hi' im looking for any one who can help me with my family tree samuel lees/leece was born in 1734 and married first to mary dont know surname born 1738 she died and he later wed sarah hyde b1760 in st michael's sept 1 1783 and they had 3 children he died 1793 in droylsden if no one can help can you tell me where i would have to go to see the records for the 1700 thanks elaine .

Fudge

• View Profile
Re: samuel lees st michaels parish
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2010, 08:47 PM »
Tameside Archives would probably be your best port of call if you cant make it if you give them a ring they would help you if you don't live local Going to that date it would be St Michaels Ashton or M/c Cathedral They don't have the Cathedral records but do have St Michaels, Cathedral Records in M/c Library but it is closed for about 2 yrs while doing it up Fudge

Meg

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2010, 09:12 PM »
Is that right, Pat?  Manchester Central Library in St Peter's Square closed for TWO years!! seems incredible.....
"Minds are like parachutes, they only function when open"  Thomas Dewar

Vanessa

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2010, 10:37 PM »
A lot of the Cathedral records can be found here

http://www.lan-opc.org.uk/Manchester/Manchester/cathedral/index.html

Its not complete yet but there are a lot of early baptisms. St. Michaels, Ashton under Lyne can also be found on this site but they have only just started to list them and they are mainly from the 1800's at the moment.
The Tameside Archive centre is the place to see the films of the registers if you live locally, if not you will have to find a Family Research Library belonging to the Morman Church, for a small fee you can order the film of the register and view it for one month in their library, it usually takes about 4 weeks for the film to arrive, if you still need to view it after the month is over, you can extend the time for a small fee. I've done this in the past for a parish register in Derbyshire, there is a library on Patterdale Road, Ashton. The volunteers who staff it are very helpful. If the parish register is on microfiche, the library keeps it so you can view it anytime you want, it only the films that have to be returned.

http://www.familysearch.org/eng/library/FHC/frameset_fhc.asp

Vanessa

ashtonmasher

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2010, 07:36 AM »
Thanks Vanessa for the information regarding the Cathedral I will look at the list tomorrow.
Stella

steandelaine

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2010, 05:44 PM »
thanks for the info but i live in walsall west mids so i would be really grateful if some one can pass me the no. for tameside archive.thanks elaine

Denise

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2010, 07:11 PM »
Hi elaine,  This link should give you all the info required for email, phone or fax:-

LINK  
You're only given a little spark of madness, don't waste it!

Nancie Lees Sippel

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2016, 05:38 PM »
I have a Samuel Lees b. 9-19-1737 in Ashton under Lyne who married Sarah Hyde.  They had 3 children Deborah b.1782, who married John Harrison Miller and had 8 children, Samuel. b 1789, whom I know nothing about and Edward "Neddy" b. 7-18-1784.  Edward married Susan Avison and their son William b.3/28/1808 I believe is my Great great grandfather.  How are you decended?
Nancie Lees Sippel
nsippel@flippinweb.com