Author Topic: 'LINKS' etc.  (Read 1864 times)

Joyce_in_Canada

• View Profile
'LINKS' etc.
« on: April 26, 2010, 02:43 PM »
Hi Denise & Bill - was just reading some of your posts of yesterday (under Britain 2010 and Two More Stars Die) and for a long time I've been wondering how you just have the word LINK that we can click onto and read the article or photo or whatever.  The other way is for just a few words to be clicked onto and there by magic is the article, etc.
I know how to "copy and paste" most items, but am really curious as to how you do your link thing!  
By the way, I need really explicit instructions or I'll not be able to do the same if I try!   ::) ;D
Thanks a lot for your time, if you reply - it's driving me nuts trying to figure this one out for myself.   ??? ;D

Bill

• View Profile
Re: 'LINKS' etc.
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2010, 04:39 PM »
Hello again Joyce.

This is the topic I mentioned.

First of all, it's not difficult to do, it's just a matter of understanding the 'language' that the board needs to do what you want it to.

Secondly, if there's anything you don't understand, shout out.

Joyce_in_Canada

• View Profile
Re: 'LINKS' etc.
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2010, 06:03 PM »
Oh, WOW, WOW, WOW!!   ;D :o ;D
Thanks so much for your speedy replies Denise (per email) and Bill on here!    :)
I've just read all the various instructions you noted, and one of these days when I can sit here long enough (because of my lousy legs now) I'll attempt using your advice!  I thought it was another simple "copy and paste" job, but now I see you must have your wits about you and unfortunately mine aren't too much in evidence at the moment!   ;D  I also noted from someone else's post, if you want to insert your own images you have to obtain them from something like Photobucket or Flicker where you've stored them, and so far I've only got my images stored on my Canon ZoomBrowser Ex (software that came with my digital Canon A350 camera) on my computer.  I even have to read my own instructions to myself each time I download the pictures from my camera to the computer!   ;D ;D

However, I've already begun to copy and paste everyone's good advice given to me in an email to myself (I often do that to see how things work) and I hope to print this off so that I can follow "word for word" as I follow the instructions.  I'm not very good at remembering what I've just read a minute ago if I have to flip back and forth between pages - it's that old age 'short term memory' thing!   ;D  Very annoying! 

I certainly appreciate everyone's kind efforts though and hopefully I'll be successful one of these days!

Thanks again to all.....Joyce   ;D ;D