Author Topic: Water Works (or does it?)  (Read 2585 times)

Bill

• View Profile
Water Works (or does it?)
« on: April 19, 2010, 09:51 AM »
For all you rice eating, jeans wearing characters out there, the EMBEDDED WATER graphic in this interesting article might surprise you.  It did me.

daftjack

• POWER TO THE PEOPLE....KEEP THE NET FREE.
    • View Profile
Re: Water Works (or does it?)
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2010, 12:43 PM »
Hi All................Hi Bill, I read this article this morning. People do not realize that all the 'trouble' in the Middle East, Israel/west Bank/Gaza is all about WATER. It has nothing to do with oil, or land, but access to WATER.

Just a thought......

??? ??? ??? Daftjack.

jaywit

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2010, 01:36 PM »
Been saying it for years,lots of alternatives for oil, but water?

pamela

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2010, 01:42 PM »
yes Bill , as we were talking about the ash cloud , we,ve seen how we,ve become to depend on crops grown in "water stressed "  countries . So the idea of the article is to reduce our dependence on these crops so that the water can be used by the population, but a lot of these countries need the income from these crops.
 over here you can get fined for using hose pipes to clean cars , the rivers are drying up , even though we,ve had a wet winter its always a problem.
Jack , you,ve got a point there , the Golan which is occupied by Israel is very fertile  due to the lakes and rivers which are fed by the snow from the Hebron mts , and i can,t see that it will be returned to Syria ... the water is too precious , so theres a real problem !! 
Politicians and nappies should be changed frequently...and for the same reason!!!

greeny

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2010, 06:46 PM »
hi many parts of the world would love to turn the tap on and get drinking water , i think in another thirty years , it wont be oil that the world seeks it will be water ,

Ashtonian54

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2010, 01:09 AM »
That's right Greeny, the battles will be fought over water.