Author Topic: What use asbo's  (Read 5268 times)

Vanessa

Re: What use asbo's
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2010, 02:27 PM »
Had a bit of excitement in Asda today, as I was leaving with my mum the security alarm went off, the one for the tags on expensive goods. I saw a security man stop him and start to bring him back, just as another security man joined him the "thief" started to fight them and broke loose, he started to run towards me as I was standing by the door, my reaction was to push my full shopping trolley in his path to try and stop him getting through the door, unfortunately he managed to push it away but he lost his footing and it slowed him down, the security men took up the chase and he was last seen running across the carpark with the men close behind. I don't know if they caught him, but I'm sure they must have him on the security cameras so hopefully they can identify him.

Vanessa

Ashtonian54

« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2010, 05:56 PM »
That would be George Clothing I would guess.

Denise

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2010, 06:25 PM »
He must have been desperate to filch George clothing, Ian!!!

Quick thinking, Vanessa, if you'd helped nab him you could have been on Look North!! Hope he was eventually caught. The alarm is constantly going off in our local Tesco's, often when you're going IN!!!     :o
You're only given a little spark of madness, don't waste it!

Martin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • www.ashton-under-lyne.com
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2010, 10:21 PM »
I was walking out of Tesco one day when the alarm sounded. A woman who was walking out at the same time stopped, turned to the security guard and said "Oh, I know what that will be," and started rummaging through the stuff in her trolley. I knew that I hadn't bought anything valuable so just carried on.

When I got home and unloaded my shopping I discovered that the cheap (6) pair of trousers that I had bought and paid for still had a security tag on. I wouldn't have expected cheap trousers to be tagged and neither, it seems would the checkout operator.

I wondered whether I could remove the tag, but a bit of Googling suggested that some of them contain ink that leaks out if you try and break them off. I had to take them back (with receipt) next time I went to Tesco and set the alarm off again on my way in!
Martin

paul_b

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2010, 10:56 PM »
A few years ago when i was on the buses,i was at the bus staion waiting my time out before my next trip. I was reading the paper when i was deafened by this ear piercing noise,i looked up and this bloke was stood there,engulfed in purple smoke. I looked down and this guy was holding a box,with the smoke poring out of it. Next minute the bus was surrounded by countless police cars,i think the noise and the thick plume of smoke give the guys position away. It seems the guy had just robbed a Securicor van making a collection from a nearby bank.You see all kinds of things on the buses.What i still cant understand is why he jumped on the bus in the first place,was it is usual bus home,and he had forget he had just done a robbery, or did he just panic. But surely he didnt think he would be making that journey.