Author Topic: Shot in the dark.  (Read 2484 times)

Kiwi

• ɐoɹɐǝʇo∀ ɯoɹɟ ɐɹO ɐᴉʞ
    • View Profile
    • Central Hawkes Bay NZ
Shot in the dark.
« on: February 26, 2010, 02:42 AM »
Me olde mum has dropped a curly one on me  :-\, she's trying to trace her aunt who emigrated to Australia sometime in the 50's or so.

The lady in question is a Jean Storer nee Bonnar who would be knocking on a bit now and probably in her 90's if she's still around.

She lived up in Cairns until the 70's when she moved south possibly to Melbourne and they lost touch.

She had 3 kids, Tracey, David and Michael who would probably be in their 50's now.

Have just spent a frustrating couple of hours chasing my tail on various search engines and then I remembered we have some genealogical gurus on this site who may have access to better weaponry than I'm privvy to  ;)
My pet hate is passing. When my time comes, Iím going to die, Iím refuse to ďpassĒ. I want people to say Iím dead. Brown ******* bread. Any ****** that says I passed, Iíll haunt.

Meg

• View Profile
Re: Shot in the dark.
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2010, 05:13 PM »
Hi Kiwi
If she did move to Melbourne then there's a good chance of tracing her as the Victoria Births. marriages and Deaths are excellent records. Any birth records give mother and father's names which highlights the ones you can order to find out addresses etc.
I only have access to Ancestry for the UK otherwise I'd check that for you. Others may have subs to the worldwide Ancestry.
Have you checked Genes Reunited in case any descendants have listed her?
Any idea where she was born??
Meg
"Minds are like parachutes, they only function when open"  Thomas Dewar

Kiwi

• ɐoɹɐǝʇo∀ ɯoɹɟ ɐɹO ɐᴉʞ
    • View Profile
    • Central Hawkes Bay NZ
Re: Shot in the dark.
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2010, 08:57 AM »
Hi Meg
She was born in Salford but one thing I've learnt is that it's pretty hard to trace people once they get to Ockerland, funny that  ;)
Will give Genes-Re-U a go, thanks for the lead  :)
My pet hate is passing. When my time comes, Iím going to die, Iím refuse to ďpassĒ. I want people to say Iím dead. Brown ******* bread. Any ****** that says I passed, Iíll haunt.