Author Topic: Weather or not.  (Read 220053 times)

Joyce_in_Canada

• View Profile
Re: Weather or not.
« Reply #495 on: February 08, 2013, 06:26 PM »
Hello Everyone  :)   Thought I'd drop a note to let you know we're in the midst of a huge snowstorm (already got about 14cm just since early this morning), and it looks as though it's going to carry on as predicted until the end of today.   It's really blowing around too.   The company I hire to keep my driveway and walk up to the front door has already been with his huge snowblower once (around 9:30am), but it looks as though he'll be back again later as it's filling up again quite rapidly.
Toronto area (does that include you Jaywit?) are saying it will be the worst snowstorm in the last 5 years, and my niece's husband said he couldn't see out of his office windows in downtown Toronto, so I guess it's pretty bad all along the Hwy. 401 corridor.   It's hitting the North Easterly States very hard too.   
I won't be going anywhere for today anyway, that's for certain.  Cold too, as the temp. is only minus 5C at Noon.   Hope everyone is having a milder and better day than here... ;D ;D

KENNETHO

• View Profile
« Reply #496 on: February 08, 2013, 08:24 PM »
we have it here in stouffville but we aint going out today thats for sure.we can find things to do inside if we wish we have a pool table shouffle board exercise room and darts if so inclined or pop into our cafe for a coffee and chat.cheers kennetho

Bill

• View Profile
« Reply #497 on: February 08, 2013, 09:31 PM »

KENNETHO

• View Profile
« Reply #498 on: February 08, 2013, 10:32 PM »
thanks  bill for the new  coat of arms of ashton .cheers kennetho

Martin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • www.ashton-under-lyne.com
« Reply #499 on: February 09, 2013, 02:03 AM »
Ashton's next snow is due on Sunday.
Martin

Joyce_in_Canada

• View Profile
« Reply #500 on: February 09, 2013, 05:39 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D  Thanks loads Bill!   ;D   The snow stopped here around 3:15pm and we've officially had 25cm today    I used one of your shovels to get rid of some of it from my walk up to the house later this afternoon, but will have to wait for my snowblowing company to do the drive again tomorrow morning.  Hope he waits until the road plow had been by or he'll have to come back again to get rid of that lot too!   ::)

Didn't know you lived in the G.T.A.  KennethO....stay cool and have a game of pool.  That's good exercise too!   ;D   

Ashtonian54

« Reply #501 on: February 09, 2013, 07:26 AM »
Yes Joyce, my brother in Toronto is on his second shovelling snow.
http://www.toronto.ca/trafficimages/loc136.jpg

jaywit

• View Profile
« Reply #502 on: February 09, 2013, 02:30 PM »
Me'thinks the saltmine guy is having a beano with all this snow (DJ must be on OT)

KENNETHO

• View Profile
« Reply #503 on: February 09, 2013, 03:38 PM »
hi joyce yes we are in a seniors complex in stouffville just north of markham. so we dont have to do any shoveling. i did all the shoveling when i worked at the high school. so ive done my share. cheers kennetho

KENNETHO

• View Profile
« Reply #504 on: February 16, 2013, 07:34 PM »
we are looking forward to leaving the snow in 2 weeks time as we are off to destin florida on a bus tour with denure toursjust for 10 days..cheers kennetho

lydia

• View Profile
« Reply #505 on: February 17, 2013, 12:28 AM »
have a great time in florida

Joyce_in_Canada

• View Profile
« Reply #506 on: February 17, 2013, 01:18 AM »
Ha-ah!!   So you're going to be a temporary SnowBird, eh, Kennetho?   Hope you have a lovely ten days of sunshine and warm temps.   8) ;D

London (Ont.) is now becoming famous for having the least amount of winter sunshine.... in the bottom 20 places in Canada!   How's that for a reputation? 

KENNETHO

• View Profile
« Reply #507 on: February 17, 2013, 02:16 AM »
not good cheers kennetho

jaywit

• View Profile
« Reply #508 on: February 17, 2013, 03:08 PM »
A few years ago.
We booked for Destin but ended up in Pensacola,same time of the year.I have pictures on the beach with anoraks on,the white sand, could, and has been mistaken for SNOW.
It can and does get cold in fl.
Hope it is warm,a good full day can be spent at the Navy Air Museum.

KENNETHO

• View Profile
« Reply #509 on: February 17, 2013, 03:44 PM »
it will be a little warmer than here at least.and a nice break, we vused to drive down to florida for a few weeks in our younger days. but now we enjoy the bus tours occasionally. cheers kennetho