Author Topic: Weather or not.  (Read 179981 times)

Nan

• View Profile
Re: Weather or not.
« Reply #30 on: June 02, 2009, 06:59 PM »
Hi Musky. No we didn`t go in Midland. It was too nice to be indoors, but we may call in on some future visit. The outside looks very nice and there were lots of cars parked in the front car park. Regards..Nan

musky

• Now Living The Dream !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 02, 2009, 08:22 PM »
Hi Nan. Do you ever go in Rita's Cafe facing the Midland. The two brothers who own it are originally from Hyde they always look after you in there.
*****If Life Begin's At Forty That Makes Me A Teenager Again ****

greeny

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 14, 2009, 11:10 AM »
hi   the sunhine and warm weathe as returned to ashton it looks like its going to be a nice day :D

Assheton

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 14, 2009, 05:29 PM »
By the Midland do you mean the lovely art deco hotel on the front in Morecambe? It has just been restored hasn't it? I used to love family holidays in Morecambe. After breakfast I was allowed to go down to Sandylands on my own to buy a toffee apple! Happy days! I went back three years or so ago and was sad as I thought the whole place had a run-down look. Heysham was lovely too!
The Black Knight rides again!

Nan

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 15, 2009, 03:27 PM »
Hi Musky. Only just spotted your question for me. Sorry about that. Yes, been to Rita`s cafe on several occasions, including our visit last time. Always got a decent meal there, and reasonably priced. Didn`t know the owners came from Hyde though. Always found them very helpful and pleasant.

Nan

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 15, 2009, 03:39 PM »
Got home last night from a lovely weekend spent just outside Nottingham. Went to a family wedding and the weather was brilliant. Stayed overnight at a lovely hotel on the banks of the River Trent at Gunthorpe. Had an excellent room overlooking the river and really enjoyed the break, inspite of being wakened up about 3.30am by a load of ducks quacking their heads off as they passed by on the water. It was called "The Unicorn Hotel " and both accommodation and food were first class. If anyone`s down that way it`s well worth a try.

gina44

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 15, 2009, 07:35 PM »
Well we are having a lovely thunderstorm and downpour here in good old Ashton !!,its great,and much needed for my garden.

Fudge

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 29, 2009, 09:18 AM »
Weather not fit for eating out at the moment dull cooler and lots of rain eat your saugages in doors Ha ha  8) 8)

jan

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 29, 2009, 10:13 AM »
Good grief Bill!  Thought you were a tough Northerner.  What about cooking under a gazebo whilst wearing wellies and mac?  :D :D

greeny

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 30, 2009, 06:59 PM »
hi i think it will be three bad summers on the run now . no wonder people go abroad ,bill only tan that i will get is rust tan  :D

Nan

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 15, 2009, 02:36 PM »
Hope this dry spell keeps up for a bit longer. Going to stay over on the East Coast on Thursday for 10 days. With a bit of luck,we may get some nice days. Staying at a little place called Ulrome which is 7 miles south of Bridlington. Very quiet spot with only the bird life and the waves breaking on the shore to break the silence, and only about 15 mins from Brid if you want a bit more to do. Ahhhh! perfect bliss.

greeny

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 27, 2009, 12:42 PM »
hi whats going on with the weather put the central heating back on got my winter woolies out now i got to put them all away , we are having a mini heatwave here in ashton the last few days have been realy warm , and temperatures in london are set to to reach 70  degrees this week ,

Jean

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 27, 2009, 03:34 PM »
Brilliant weather today for getting my washing dry , its all on the line blowing gently in a very warm breeze. It saves on the heating bills !!

Martin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • www.ashton-under-lyne.com
« Reply #43 on: October 27, 2009, 11:40 PM »
I had the central heating on last week. It is most definitely switched off this week!
Martin

Jean

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 28, 2009, 09:13 AM »
Im sure you will all have noticed how beautiful the colours of the leaves on the trees are this autumn. Where i work we have an Acer just at the front of the building and its a vivid scarlet red at the moment ,its absolutely beautiful.