Author Topic: Market webcam back  (Read 336377 times)

Fudge

• View Profile
Re: Market webcam back
« Reply #645 on: June 26, 2018, 11:27 AM »
Very warm here but trying not to moan after such a long cold winter Fudge

Joyce_in_Canada

• View Profile
« Reply #646 on: June 28, 2018, 11:48 PM »
Hi Fudge....I'm rather surprised that no mention has been made on here about the raging fires up on Saddleworth Moor.    There was even a good-sized article with a pretty large photo in our local London Free Press this morning, so I did a Google search and sure enough, there's tons of items and small videos of the fire on the internet.   Most told of the closest homes having been evacuated for a while.   It seems the latest is that they've sent about 100 Army members of a Scottish Regiment up there to help out.    I know for a fact and personal experience in Goose Bay, Labrador when Art, my late husband, as a Firefighter fought similar fires up there and how the wind can change and make things almost impossible to cope with and very dangerous.   My thoughts and good wishes are out there with all those fighting those dreadful fires and for the people living close enough to be affected.    Joyce 

KENNETHO

• View Profile
« Reply #647 on: June 29, 2018, 01:11 AM »
yes  i saw the fires  on the internet it looks very  bad,good luck to all those people living around  there and god help the fire crews.

Fudge

• View Profile
« Reply #648 on: June 29, 2018, 10:49 AM »
Sorry I have not put it on yes the fires are terrible army helping now but could do with a good down pour but forecast says the weather is to continue being warm and sunny. There is a very strong smell of smoke hanging over Ashton as well  so it is not very pleasant  Fudge

KENNETHO

• View Profile
« Reply #649 on: June 29, 2018, 05:22 PM »
you  cant  win can you when its  cold you would like  some  heat but hell"s  bells not  that  much  wheres  the  rain  when you  need  it??? good  luck  folks

Fudge

• View Profile
« Reply #650 on: July 20, 2018, 11:46 AM »
We'll this hot sunny weather is continuing it is great to go out still without  coats sleep with no covers but I think it is terrible to say that there is a water shortage we have had months of rain for the last few years and if they spent money on underground reserv5s we should have enough water hope everyone is enjoying the weather Fudge

Albert

• View Profile
« Reply #651 on: July 20, 2018, 03:46 PM »
For years NWW and UU have put all there eggs in the two aqueducts the Manchester corporation lay to supply Manchester
since then NWW have tapped in on the way down from the Lakes  (Abbaystead pump house and Sweetloves etc) now the first aqueduct needs repairs  They have closed reservoirs and sold the land, the only new one is Dove Stones which was made to improve the quality of Tame because of all the sewage works that flow in to it But then  Buckton Castle treatment Plant was built to supply drinking water from Dove stones and Carr brook was closed . I am only talking about Tameside 

KENNETHO

• View Profile
« Reply #652 on: September 17, 2018, 03:09 AM »
is the webcam still working or has it been blown away???

Fudge

• View Profile
« Reply #653 on: September 17, 2018, 12:20 PM »
Hi It as not been working for a few years now such a shame  Fudge

KENNETHO

• View Profile
« Reply #654 on: September 20, 2018, 04:33 AM »
hope you are all keeping safe with the weather that your getting over there  good luck to you all , hope ALI calms down with those 100 mph  winds all the best  Kenneth o

brian seward

• View Profile
« Reply #655 on: September 23, 2018, 05:18 AM »
If you want to watch Cruise ships heading for Alaska  and the Vancouver Skyline check this WebCam

VANCOUVER ALASKA CRUISE CAM     Do not forget we are 8 hours behind you in the UK

BrianSeward   N Vancouver BC

KENNETHO

• View Profile
« Reply #656 on: September 23, 2018, 05:50 PM »
what happened to that fire cyclone in Vancouver did it do a lot of damage ??

brian seward

• View Profile
« Reply #657 on: September 23, 2018, 07:54 PM »
Small damage , did not last very long and petered out
Lot of damage over typhoon in Gatineau Quebec,
World  climate change very weird!

KENNETHO

• View Profile
« Reply #658 on: October 13, 2018, 11:35 PM »
i see Florida got a pounding and wales a a terrible flooding mother nature is getting angry  that"s one thing we cant  blame the government  for 

Fudge

• View Profile
« Reply #659 on: October 15, 2018, 11:43 AM »
Weather pattern out of line to many testing of bombs upsetting it  Fudge