Author Topic: Market webcam back  (Read 323732 times)

Joyce_in_Canada

• View Profile
Re: Market webcam back
« Reply #615 on: February 12, 2018, 05:46 PM »
Hi Fudge...  So, so sorry to know you're also suffering from the horrible cold and snowy weather.  I know exactly how you must be feeling, as here in London we're having the longest,  coldest spell on record, together with awful snowstorms and at times, in between,  freezing rain.
The worst part for me is the fact I'm at the moment having cataract surgery on first my left eye (done last Friday during the worst snowstorm) and will be going downtown again this Thursday to check on that one, and then again Friday surgery on my right eye if they give the go-ahead..  Because of this I have to put drops in my eye 4 times every day, and it's driving me crazy.  Having to have a friend take me to all these appointments and making sure I'm okay is really upsetting to me because of being of such a trouble.   I don't think I'm going to be in great shape again until possibly some time in late March.  Has to be done though, so I'm hoping the weather forecasters can see something brighter very, very soon.  At least today the sun is shining..... for the moment! 
Good luck, Fudge, and I'll be thinking of you...  Joyce   :) :)

Kiwi

• ɐoɹɐǝʇo∀ ɯoɹɟ ɐɹO ɐᴉʞ
    • View Profile
    • Central Hawkes Bay NZ
« Reply #616 on: February 13, 2018, 12:05 AM »
Yesterday was a belter, 36c and 100% humidity,  was like trying to work in a sauna, it's just reached 32 at midday and the warmest bit of the day is yet to come, think I'll move to Aussie, it's cooler there  ;) Rang me olde Mum last night she said it was snowing in Droylsden  ;D
I'm convinced 90% of the software on my computer doesn't do anything except send me notifications that there's a new version of itself.

KENNETHO

• View Profile
« Reply #617 on: February 13, 2018, 04:56 AM »
if  you  want  cool  kiwi  we have  minus  16  plenty  of snow  i thought  i saw  a bird on the roof  of the  bird  feeder  wearing  snow  shoes  today.. cheers

Fudge

• View Profile
« Reply #618 on: February 13, 2018, 11:41 AM »
Hope you are soon feeling better Joyce I have never felt this cold I have my heating on but it still feels cold I have now resorted to wrapping up in a Duvet and it as helped to keep me warm You are having it a lot worse than us but lets hope it soon ends Fudge

greeny

• View Profile
« Reply #619 on: February 25, 2018, 02:36 PM »
hi winter still here and worst to come next week brrrrrrrrr :(

Fudge

• View Profile
« Reply #620 on: February 27, 2018, 09:07 AM »
More Snow another covering and weather warnings in place  YUCK Fudge

KENNETHO

• View Profile
« Reply #621 on: February 28, 2018, 04:54 AM »
been ok today at the beach the sun is shining and the snow is leaving   cheers

jaywit

• View Profile
« Reply #622 on: March 01, 2018, 03:37 PM »
ours has all gone now.raked and tidied up the garden.
more snow tonight and tomorrow.so they say!!

Son of Nomad

• View Profile
« Reply #623 on: March 01, 2018, 04:44 PM »
I saw a couple of brass monkeys this morning and they seemed to be looking for something.

greeny

• View Profile
« Reply #624 on: March 01, 2018, 11:38 PM »
White rabbit white rabbit white rabbit st Davids day I think this winter will go down with 1947 1963 2010 I was not born in1947 I remember a few bad winters I the mid 50s but it comes to a stand still with a dusting roll on spring brrrrrrrrf the beast from the east and storm Emma  :(

Fudge

• View Profile
« Reply #625 on: March 02, 2018, 11:48 AM »
You would not mind bad winters if you had good summers I remember it was that hot you could pop tar bubbles now if it goes warm it is humid and sticky we will just have to wait and see what we get this year Fudge

Joyce_in_Canada

• View Profile
« Reply #626 on: March 03, 2018, 05:41 AM »
My weather page has an article today telling of all the dreadful snow some places are getting in the U.K - especially in London and other parts, with transportation being badly affected.     Have any of you been hit with this "Beast from the East" as they are calling it.  I hope not.   :o 
After 2 days of nice sunny, and slightly warmer weather, we also got hit with another 6" overnight, but the sun came out again today and melted a lot, thank goodness.  I'm really sick and tired of this winter, and hope Spring gets a move on very soon!   :)

Fudge

• View Profile
« Reply #627 on: March 03, 2018, 12:22 PM »
Joyce We have been hit with the beast and also Storm Emma the winds have been bat with Emma but its the freezing temperatures that are the worst I am warm with my heating and a duvet wrapped round me still snow all round we did not get any yesterday so hope to day is the same Fudge

Too shy

• View Profile
« Reply #628 on: March 03, 2018, 02:39 PM »
My weather page has an article today telling of all the dreadful snow some places are getting in the U.K - especially in London and other parts, with transportation being badly affected.     Have any of you been hit with this "Beast from the East" as they are calling it.  I hope not.   :o 
After 2 days of nice sunny, and slightly warmer weather, we also got hit with another 6" overnight, but the sun came out again today and melted a lot, thank goodness.  I'm really sick and tired of this winter, and hope Spring gets a move on very soon!   :)

We do have cold weather problems here, Joyce. Perhaps not of the scale that they happen in America and Canada, but they are problems nonetheless. There have been nine cold weather related deaths this week in the UK - ranging from vehicles colliding on ice and snow covered roads, a homeless man sleeping in a tent and presumably dying from hypothermia, a man in his sixties falling through the ice on a frozen lake when trying to rescue his dog and a seven year old girl killed when a car crashed into a house in extreme weather in Cornwall. Perhaps not a massive number when compared to many places around the world, but tragic for their grieving families.

Fudge

• View Profile
« Reply #629 on: March 18, 2018, 12:09 PM »
Well another weekend cold with a thick covering of snow and next week end the clocks Spring forward when are we going to see the end of snow Fudge