Poll

Who will be the first Labour Politician to fall on the sword ??

Hazel Blears
Jaqui Smith
Gordon Brown
Baroness Uddin
Some minor sacrificial lamb no one has ever heard of
None of the above - after all they have done nothing wrong...
None - as none of them have a shred of decency
Who Cares ? The Tories are just  as bad

Author Topic: Expenses Sweepstake (Poll)  (Read 47797 times)

Mr Chips

Re: Expenses Sweepstake (Poll)
« Reply #30 on: May 15, 2009, 11:25 AM »
Jean
Follow the link:
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/queen-and-royals-cost-66p-per-person-855744.html

And you will find that the Royals "cost" you 66 pence last year.

Charles paid over 3 milllion to the tax man  - The Queen  gave up the profit from the Crown Estates which was only 190 million.(She also pays Princes Andrew his butty). If they sold up and went into tax exile which "Head of State"  who took over would bring neary 200million to the table before they got in thier five hundred thousand pound armoured limo to have the State opening of Parliamnet

thea

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 15, 2009, 02:46 PM »
I had not got a clue phil woolas came from up there i realy an surprised that he is such a drip.

Assheton

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 15, 2009, 06:41 PM »
Prince Andrew does an awful lot of hard work representing the UK abroad and helping promote, amongst other things, British trade and industry. He receives no payment from the civil list.
By the way, anyone who has ever met the Queen or knows her even if only slightly, will tell you that she is not stuffy! She has a really fantastic sense of humour, just like her late mother.
The Royal Family have very often been in the vanguard of change too. For example, their respect for the gay community is legendary, 'known homosexuals' were employed by the Royals when prejudice was still rife elsewhere.
The Black Knight rides again!

Ashtonian54

« Reply #33 on: May 15, 2009, 07:04 PM »
I have the greatest admiration for the Queen! What a legacy.
Who hasn't, at one time, flipped through a book on the Kings and Queens of this great nation?
Names like Ethelred the Unready and so on.

Sad really, the complete lack of integrity on behalf of our elected officials. Such disdain.

sooty

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 15, 2009, 09:01 PM »
how come no-one seemed to have not claimed enough,is someone owed a few quid.still would,nt most people do the same if they thought they could get away with it,i know i,ve fiddled the odd few quid on my expenses,it,s just the amount i suppose.
Hard work never killed anyone-but it made some funny shapes.

Fudge

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 15, 2009, 09:24 PM »
If it is so easy to do the method should be tighten up so that the system cant be fiddled and people should be more honest. It is not just the MP but our local councillors are as bad and our Union Reps every one is out for a bit more Fudge

Jean

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 16, 2009, 01:49 PM »
Oh dear seems im outnumbered here regarding the Royals !!!! I think we will have to agree to differ lol !!

Fudge

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 16, 2009, 02:06 PM »
Hi Jean That is what is so good about this site we all have different view's on lots of topics and that is what keeps it going carry on having your say. Fudge

Kiwi

• ɐoɹɐǝʇo∀ ɯoɹɟ ɐɹO ɐᴉʞ
    • View Profile
    • Central Hawkes Bay NZ
« Reply #38 on: May 17, 2009, 05:07 AM »
Apparently, one MP thought he didn't have to declare anything to the Inland Revenue because he lived on the coast.
I'm going to pinch that one  :D
"We don't want blood all over the lawn and the hounds are fagged out from yesterdays Jehovah's witnesses"

Assheton

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 17, 2009, 08:52 AM »
Is that your dog in the picture Kiwi? Looks to be a great little character!!

Assheton

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 17, 2009, 06:56 PM »
Anyway, back to the row over our MPs and their expenses! The soon to be held Euro and local elections will be very interesting! I am taking Norman Tebbit's advice and not voting for any of the three main parties. UKIP get my vote this time and I hope enough people vote for other parties so that some of our arrogant politicians can be taught a lesson and our democratic deficit can be corrected at last!
Watching the news today, one can clearly see why some in parliament fought tooth-and-nail to keep details of expenses being put into the public domain! Some of the claims are mind-boggling. One cabinet minister has been claiming for groceries!!! What is his salary for then???
Sometimes, the press can be a real pain, but I can't help feeling the Telegraph has done a really good job in bringing all the scandal to our attention. This is probably one of the most important pieces of journalism we have seen in the last thirty years!!

lydia

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 17, 2009, 10:33 PM »
I'm also voting UKIP this time and after speaking to my son and partner today  they are of the same mind and I think a lot of people will be doing the  same and choosing alternatives from the usual 3 parties.

GayJ

• Dukky Duck
    • View Profile
    • Tameside Family History
« Reply #42 on: May 17, 2009, 11:37 PM »
Why? UKIP, surely they are more right wing and stand for privelige and the status quo.  Are you talking about local of European elections?
Don't let the B***ds grind you down.

Kiwi

• ɐoɹɐǝʇo∀ ɯoɹɟ ɐɹO ɐᴉʞ
    • View Profile
    • Central Hawkes Bay NZ
« Reply #43 on: May 18, 2009, 01:08 AM »
Is that your dog in the picture Kiwi? Looks to be a great little character!!
Yep, that's Jess our teenage Tenterfield Terrier  ;), born on the Sunshine Coast of Oz and now resident in NZ, she was blind as a bat a year ago but we got her cataracts fixed and now she's able to see movement at around 30ft and can see stationary objects 10 feet away, not perfect but better than needing a seeing eye person  :)
"We don't want blood all over the lawn and the hounds are fagged out from yesterdays Jehovah's witnesses"

Assheton

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 18, 2009, 10:11 AM »
I don't think UKIP are 'Right Wing' and they certainly don't stand for the Satus Quo as regards the EU as they want us to just have them as friends and trading partners and not be ruled by them! I was talking about the European Elections, I don't know if UKIP contest the council ones???
Talking of right wing though, what could be more right wing than this present government!!