Poll

Who will be the first Labour Politician to fall on the sword ??

Hazel Blears
Jaqui Smith
Gordon Brown
Baroness Uddin
Some minor sacrificial lamb no one has ever heard of
None of the above - after all they have done nothing wrong...
None - as none of them have a shred of decency
Who Cares ? The Tories are just  as bad

Author Topic: Expenses Sweepstake (Poll)  (Read 48017 times)

jan

• View Profile
Re: Expenses Sweepstake (Poll)
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2009, 08:51 AM »
I should think Mr Woolas would be keeping his head down after his meeting with Ms Lumley  :D  He should be grateful that Spitting Image isn't still in production.  Imagine what fun they would have had with that occasion!!!

Assheton

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2009, 09:28 AM »
The Royal Family cost us nothing, in fact, it is one of the few areas of the constitution that actually turns in a profit. At the start of each new reign, the new monarch signs over to the Exchequer ALL the Crown income from Crown lands etc which far exceed the amount the Royal family receive back from the government via the civil list. The taxpayer thus gets a very good deal indeed. In return we have a dignified and dutiful head of state who performs her tasks with diligence and devotion. If you think a republic would be cheaper, then look at the billioins Obama costs the people of the USA. The USA spend more on their Embassy in London than it costs to run Buckingham palace!
Sorry to have to cross swords with you Jean, but you really need to be appraised of the facts before making criticisms of the Royal Finances. 
The value of the monarchy is far greater than any cost involved!
The Black Knight rides again!

Assheton

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2009, 09:34 AM »
By the way Kiwi, I am so glad you like my Dog!! She is called Poppy and I rescued her via the RSPCA when she was eleven months old! I have had her for three years now and she is my third Border Collie. They are so clever!!

Meg

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2009, 10:38 AM »
It's a sign of the times. Now this country doesn't make/manufacture much anymore, the only way people can make money is to take it from the next guy's pocket.
"Minds are like parachutes, they only function when open"  Thomas Dewar

jaywit

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2009, 03:40 PM »
Was wondering if Martin has really deleted Kiwi's picture or is that his sense of humor?

jaywit

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2009, 04:12 PM »
With reference to politicians.I watched Gideons Daughter recently.Stephen Poliakoff seems to have them weighed up to a tee.I had also seen another of his movies but didn't notice any real political stuff.Just greed,maybe that is political stuff?
Gideons Daughter came with an extra dvd by BBC4 Stephen Poliakoff.
I don't rent movies only get them from the library,6 at a time during winter hardly any in the summer.

musky

• Now Living The Dream !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2009, 04:21 PM »
Perhaps Kiwi must be a handsome looking guy & Martin may be jealous  :)
*****If Life Begin's At Forty That Makes Me A Teenager Again ****

musky

• Now Living The Dream !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2009, 05:30 PM »
Just been on Channel M., The innocent Hazel Blears M.P. has payed back 13.332 What's the saying. An attack of conscience is a fear of being watched
*****If Life Begin's At Forty That Makes Me A Teenager Again ****

Martin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • www.ashton-under-lyne.com
« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2009, 05:46 PM »
Perhaps Kiwi must be a handsome looking guy & Martin may be jealous  :)
Martin hasn't deleted anything (yet). I have allowed the use of these avatar pics on this new forum as they add a touch of interest and allow you to personalise things a bit. If people start misusing the feature by showing inappropriate pictures I can just switch the feature off!
Martin

Assheton

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2009, 09:07 AM »
The latest news is that former Labour minister Elliot Morley is paying back 16.000 which he claimed for a mortgage which had been paid off! Understandable really, I mean I suppose any one of us could have problems remembering we had paid off the mortgage!!! Who is he kidding!!

Assheton

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2009, 02:17 PM »
Brown has now suspended Morley from the Parliamentary Labour Party!

Jean

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2009, 06:35 AM »
Going back to the Royal family....are you ankering after a knighthood Assheton lol !!!!!

Fudge

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2009, 08:47 AM »
I don't like to swear on the board but this is the nearest all political parties P... in the same Pot and look after number one Fudge

Assheton

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 15, 2009, 09:34 AM »
Hi Jean!
no, I am not after a Knightood, but I do believe in our monarchy, very strongly. At the present time with all the corruption among our political leaders, I am just thankful we have a head of state who is above all that kind of thing. The thought of a 'politician' or a politician's stooge living in Buckingham Palace.........

Jean

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 15, 2009, 10:29 AM »
Dont mind the Queen shes a bit stuffy but very respectable, its the rest of them i cant be doing with , for example what does Andrew do for all his millions ? Seems to me most of the time he swans around playing golf and there are plenty more where he came from !!!! Thank God for freedom of speech or my head would have rolled by now lol !!!