Author Topic: FISHING AROUND ASHTON  (Read 27233 times)

greeny

• View Profile
Re: FISHING AROUND ASHTON
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2009, 07:59 PM »
hi if it keeps raining like today , i will have my very own pond at the bottom of the garden ;D

Jayess

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2009, 11:37 PM »
Hi Greeny-- If you really want some rain you can have some of ours for your pool --since 8-00am yesterday until 8-00am this morning we have had 5 ĺ inches of rain. It is is still raining and the weather reports tell us that we can expect equal to that for the next 2 to 3 days with winds up to 100 kph. Some thing to really look forward to for normally it would be fine sunny weather here in this part of Australia at this time of the year.  Jayess

Kiwi

• ɐoɹɐǝʇo∀ ɯoɹɟ ɐɹO ɐᴉʞ
    • View Profile
    • Central Hawkes Bay NZ
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2009, 12:18 AM »
Got the wind here  :-[ but no rain, 3rd winter drought in as many years  :'(
My pet hate is passing. When my time comes, Iím going to die, Iím refuse to ďpassĒ. I want people to say Iím dead. Brown ******* bread. Any ****** that says I passed, Iíll haunt.

musky

• Now Living The Dream !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2009, 10:32 AM »
Have you tried Bicarbonate of Soda for the wind. ;D
*****If Life Begin's At Forty That Makes Me A Teenager Again ****

greeny

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2009, 06:55 PM »
hi when it rains it pours there jayess ,  ;D

Jayess

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2009, 09:11 AM »
Hi Greeny -- Just to be awkward the rain gauge this morning showed there was quite a lot more rain than yesterday.. 270 mm or in inches it was 10.630 inches. That is now 417mm (16 Ĺ inches) in 2 days   --We were very lucky for it did not do any damage to us but in lots of places rivers & creeks waters rose so rapidly that it washed cars & trucks away. The TV news is full of scenes of the damage everywhere, houses are ruined & some of the high-rise buildings with metal awnings over the windows just ripped off in the winds. The wind & rain as now travelled for approx 300 klms down the coast with millions of dollars damage left in its wake.  I heard that the town where Herby lives was under water so I hope that Herby is OK & that no damage to his house  etc.  --Jayess

greeny

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2009, 06:42 PM »
hi someone was saying that they have emptied sammy basin at daisy nook because of the fish dying ? not been up there for a while i might have a wonder to find out for myself

Ciderman

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2009, 02:04 AM »
Ow do Greeny,
                   If you're local to it why don't you try the canal ?.Quite a few clubs own different stretches and most parts are really well stocked.Of all the years I've  fished it I've never been asked by a club bailiff for the price of a day ticket......just make sure you've got a rod license just in case.From Mossley to Guide Bridge there's Roach,Perch,Gudgeon,shoals of decent sized Bream,Common,Ghost and the odd Koi Carp and Rainbow Trout,Tench,small Pike and Rudd.From Portland Basin towards Hyde it's mainly Roach,Perch and Pike.
Let us know how you get on.

herby

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2009, 08:39 AM »
Hi
     I used to see them fishing on the canal, just up to-wards Stalybidge from the Wellington mill on Whiteacre rd.    herby

greeny

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2009, 11:14 AM »
hi ciderman ow thy going on, i  live not far from the canal so i will be giving it a try soon , went to the figure of 8 lumb lane near daisynook good fishing for £3 a day , joined claremont gardens palace road , thats a good water they also have day fishing £6 a day but not tuesday thats match day ,they have a water at denton back of morrisons to , i will be doing a bit more during the summer months got a bit of time off , got my rod licence to ,i said to the mrs it a dear do this fising my brolly was knacered ,my rod snapped , so i had to replace most of my gear, and the price of the rod  licence she said well its cost you nowt for the last 20 years lol so i am making the most of it ,herby its whitelands road where the wellington mill was ,fished there when i was a kid

lydia

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2009, 10:25 PM »
oh that brings back the memories as my husban liked to fish on canal with my stepdad at whitelands road. One time was very funny as we were on our own with son aged about 9 and my husband was deep in conversation with another fishing enthusiast when my son decided to check how deep the water was and fell in. Husband carried on talking while I cut knee on glass saving son. We had walked down  so son squelched all way home in wellies. Knott hill res. was also pretty good although paul my husband prefers lodges in glossop where he was born. I caught my first roache at knott hill and was so proud as paul didn't catch anything that day. We tried to get son interested but spent more tim de-tangling his line and he didn't have enough patience

jaywit

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 04, 2009, 01:54 PM »
Packed it in yonks ago.Rod licence? never heard of it. 6 pound a day seems a bit steep but I suppose $60 is for a round of golf.
Fishing=Empty belly, wet ar%e,empty keepnet.(my experience anyway)

greeny

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 09, 2009, 10:57 AM »
hi had a good days fishing yeasterday caught 4 , thought i was doing well this other bloke came on and he was fishing with this pole must have been 15 metres long he was pulling them out for fun , i have never used a pole ,always the rod line and float man , but after see the results of a pole i am slowly changing my mind  :D

ourjud1

• wherever I live ashton will always be home
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 09, 2009, 06:49 PM »
Hi Greeny
              I've been fishing today here in Hertfordshire, using a pole its great fun especially when you get a big one on a light elastic.
                                 The only problem poles are not cheap.

ourjud1
up the boro

greeny

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 23, 2009, 07:52 PM »
hi i would not have minded fishing a pool in australia , two lads were fishing and found a bag with $ 50,000 in if no one claims it  they will be $50,000 better off , now were did i put that bag when i went fishing the other week  :D