Author Topic: THE LAST DECADE  (Read 7792 times)

greeny

• View Profile
THE LAST DECADE
« on: January 03, 2010, 03:24 PM »
HI was the last dacade was it good or are you glad to see the back of it . it seems like yeasterday when we went into 2000 , we thought the world was going to end ,but a lot as happened in the last decade some good some bad , technologhy as advanced a lot , and more people are using computers ,as a way of life .it was mainly dial up back then ,what will you think this decade will bring ? i think there will be more and more on computers ,i think they will be a cure for cancer ,also they will visit the moon again and set up a moon station there ,but there will be no contact with other life forms in space . i think the fast food chains will decline ,and pubs will be a thing of the past , with just one or two large pubs in town centres ,interest rates will go up again and the credit crunch will come to an end ,but banks will never be the same again ,and councils will start to build more rented houses , and owning your own house will be come a rare  thing ,not counting the people that already own there own houses ,i can not see peace in the world in this decade , what are your thoughts past ,present . and future  :D

Fudge

• View Profile
Re: THE LAST DECADE
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2010, 03:40 PM »
I think of all my good family and friends who have passed away. Peace is a long way of and I cant see any hope for it.We have seen lots of Disasters this last 10yrs and I can see more to come. But life goes on good and bad just hope I see the next decade in and try to keep up with all the changes that have happened in my life and that are still to come. I love life to the full Fudge

Vanessa

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2010, 05:36 PM »
As its looks like Camerons mob are going to govern us, we will definately be a lot poorer in the next decade. God help the NHS.  :'( :'( :'(

Denise

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2010, 07:23 PM »
The last decade saw the rise and fall of presidents, prime-ministers, politicians and dictators, even a Pope, all over the globe. It saw our involvement in on-going wars, some noteable, some kept strategically under wraps. It heralded the increasing threat of international terrorism both abroad and on our own doorstep. It saw the most devastating natural disasters all over the world and the controversial issue of climate change.
Closer to home it brought the deaths of many household names in the world of film and music.
Yet there is the ever present threat to our future - this government and its complete abandonment of logic, self-respect and total disregard for the electorate, who put their faith in them almost 13 years ago. It's not just in this next decade we will be paying for their incompetence but decades to come. I am, by no means, a pessimist, but I despair for our children and their future, whoever holds office in the House of Commons, and least of all, who's on our throne.      Denise   :-X  
You're only given a little spark of madness, don't waste it!

Martin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • www.ashton-under-lyne.com
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2010, 08:23 PM »
As its looks like Camerons mob are going to govern us, we will definately be a lot poorer in the next decade. God help the NHS.  :'( :'( :'(

And foxes.
Martin

Meg

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2010, 08:27 PM »
I'm just glad we CAN'T tell what the future will bring. The most important things are family, friends and enough to eat. Let's hope that less money around will make us appreciate them all the more.
"Minds are like parachutes, they only function when open"  Thomas Dewar

jaywit

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2010, 11:22 PM »
To my way of thinking,we(older ones) have had the best of what the world has had to give.Even though at times things seemed bad.
Now it's payback time.
As for politics,does democracy really work?

Fudge

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2010, 11:26 AM »
I think each generation as its own problems and that why we live in a ever changing world .Our relatives said I am glad I am not born now. Look at life during the Victorians I am glad I did not live then with long working hrs no saftey dirty jobs and if you could not work it was the workhouse for the family. Our youngsters will say just the same as us as it is the cycle of life. Fudge

greeny

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2010, 12:38 PM »
well i am glad this will be the year of the general election ,and gordon brown is the man to lead the country , i would not trust david cameron, hes already trying to do deals with the s d p , on the whole i think our living standards have improved over the last decade , that must be the labour goverment  :D

Fudge

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2010, 02:38 PM »
Religion and Politics are a matter of choice and its one thing that I wont get embroiled in thats why there is so much trouble in the world Fudge

Denise

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2010, 05:59 PM »
Religion and politics are there, if you choose to ignore them or not, Fudge. They both have an impact on everyone's lives one way or the other, if we look at the wider picture, not just in our own backyards.

Found this Financial Times list of 50 people who shaped the last 10 years interesting.

Link    

Denise   :)  
You're only given a little spark of madness, don't waste it!

Fudge

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2010, 07:54 PM »
Yes I know they are there I was Christened C of E but most of my life attended U.R.C . Ocassionally I go to different Churches Independant Meths , Meths and Church of England and Catholic church. It does not worry me as we pray to the same God just do it in slightly different ways. Politics are the same they have there own views and ways of doing things . Fudge

Old Ashtonian

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2010, 01:37 AM »
I read in our  local papers (Aust) that UK is probably the last of the major economies to remain in recession yet on another page I see that Brown is going to give millions of pounds to Yemen to help them "overcome poverty"!!  What the@@##!! is going on.

pamela

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2010, 08:40 PM »
Old Ashtonion , those millions of pounds will go into someones back pocket , good grief !!!
I think bubbles are bursting all over the world , greediness has brought it all on and ordinary people have to make their goverments accountable and not trust anyone .
In Syria there is something strange happening , new banks are being opened up all over the place and investments are coming in from gulf states where at one time they would have invested in the West. One reason is , that you can,t get a loan for anything over here unless you have some sort of collaterall , and wages are still very low compared to other places . Syria isn,t a democracy by any means , more of a benevolent dictatorship  ::)but the President seems to have the right idea , I,m hoping inroads will be made to get peace talks going again .
I cant, comment on whats happening at home cos I,m not living there , but it seems the whole world has suffered from this financial meltdown and it,ll take another 10 years for things to get sorted out .
Politicians and nappies should be changed frequently...and for the same reason!!!

Assheton

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2010, 09:11 PM »
Well, of course we are going to be a lot poorer in the next decade as we will have to pay off the absolutely huge national debt run up by this incompetent government! problem is, it may take longer than ten years to pay off!!! Why do Labour governments always end with the country bankrupt??
The Black Knight rides again!