Author Topic: SALES  (Read 7714 times)

greeny

• View Profile
SALES
« on: December 26, 2009, 02:24 PM »
HI I see the sales have started ,every other advert on television .not ventured out yet ,but no doubt i will be drawn into them ,even if its just to buy next year christmas cards , as any had good bargain yet ? i will have to get a memory card for my camera i only took 3 pictures and it said its memory was full , whats the best place to get a memory card from , the price veary a lot ,

chrisandangie

• View Profile
Re: SALES
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2009, 03:03 PM »
Greeny,what type of memory does your camera take ? There are various , SD mini SD and CF (compact flash)
I have just bought an 8GB CF card from Argos 39.99 , at Maplins they wanted that for a 4GB one !
If its SD memory,local PC shops are the way to go , SD cards are very cheap,Aldi and Lidl sell them too.
Its absolutley lethal here on our grove today though,we ain't going nowhere,you can't stand up  :-[
If it sounds too good to be true,it probably is!

Martin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • www.ashton-under-lyne.com
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2009, 04:29 PM »
Tesco in Stalybridge sells several different types of memory card (next to the cameras, in the same aisle as the televisions and phones). Make sure you know what type of memoryyou need!

In the meantime check whether you can reduce the size of the images you are taking a little bit.Don't use the smallest size (VGA) - that's useless these days, but you might be satisfied with one of the other settings until you get a larger capacity card. A lot of cameras are sold with only a small capacity card included.
Martin

Fudge

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2009, 12:03 AM »
My memoir card is from boots and takes about 250 photo's when I have a few developed I have a disc done at shop then delete the photo's on the card. Fudge

greeny

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2009, 11:58 AM »
hi still not ventured out yet going stir crazy , still lots of ice about , the camera i have got is a fuji 160 , i will venture out to day hopefully down to the snipe , and this time i will have to read the instructions or ask the daughter she is  a dab hand when it comes to technology  ;D

jaywit

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2009, 01:20 PM »
I have 2. 256.  1. 32. 1. 512.Saves hunting around for a store to burn a disc to freeup some memory.  "THINKS","must get a laptop".
Anyway, off to http://www.google.ca/search?sourceid=navclient&aq=0&oq=blu&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1T4GGLR_enCA310CA310&q=blue+mountain.for a week to see some real snow,usually about 2 feet around the area.It gets westerly lake effect snow so the slopes are well covered.I don't ski or maybe I do."SKI","spend the kids inheritance"!!I can't even skate.

Denise

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2009, 04:17 PM »
Have a great time, Jaywit.  Get that toboggan out and don't forget the sun-glasses!!. Reminds me of that movie 'Cool Runnings'.  Hilarious!!.  Denise   8)
You're only given a little spark of madness, don't waste it!

Nan

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2009, 08:18 PM »
Hi Greeny. I always get my Memory Cards on -line from a company called Zoombits. If I remember rightly the address is " zoombits.co.uk". I find their prices very cheap compared with other places and they are very quick with delivery too.

herby

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2009, 11:41 PM »
Hi Jaywit
             Why dont you get a Nero programme you can burn anything on to a disc I burn music mostly on mine I burn everything on the Coputer every couple of months in case I crash sometime             herby

Martin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • www.ashton-under-lyne.com
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2009, 11:36 AM »
It's more reliable (and less effort) to have an external hard drive to back everything up on. You can get huge capacity drives increasingly cheaply these days.

You can get good free programs (like Comodo Backup http://is.gd/5E8oP ) that will automatically keep the files on the backup drive in sync with the files on your computer. (You have to copy the folders you want to back up first, then change the settings to "sync" mode.)

I've got two external drives - one backing up my computer and one backing up the other!

If I go away for a while, I unplug one of the external drives and put it in a different part of the house - just in case...
Martin

greeny

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2009, 12:42 PM »
hi went down to the snipe it took ages to find a car park space it was chocker block , every one must have waited for the sales , got my memory card from comets , it cost 12 -89P  for fuji 2meg card i think it can hold about 440 pictures that should keep me going  for a while , we wanted to go B&Q  never got there next must have made a fortune could not move in there , might have a walk down now the snow & ice is almost gone i got all week but i might miss out on a bargain  :D

Denise

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2009, 04:57 PM »
Just been reading that more men than usual have ventured to the sales. You haven't boosted those numbers then, Bill?   Denise    ::)

Bill

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2009, 06:33 PM »
I'm learning a bit of sense in my old age Denise, having been a sucker for bargains all my life.  These days, if I don't need it, I don't buy it.

If anyone's familiar with the Wallace and Gromit film where Gromit is laying the rail tracks in front of him, that's how it used to be at my local supermarket.  They had a character walking in front of me slapping 'Bargain' labels on everything - and I used to fall for it.  I nearly bought a dog once when they had an offer on Pedigree Chum.

Denise

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2009, 06:47 PM »
Oh dear, Bill!! Don't think there's a 'Suckers Anonymous', but bet they'd have a lot of members!! I don't tend to buy if I don't need it, but I can easily persuade myself that I do!!    :D

Ashtonian54

« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2009, 07:06 PM »
Worrifits a bargain