Author Topic: Photo Blog - Photo of the year 2009?  (Read 6725 times)

Martin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • www.ashton-under-lyne.com
Photo Blog - Photo of the year 2009?
« on: December 24, 2009, 02:34 PM »
Can you remember which photos that appeared on the Photo Blog during 2009 you liked most?
http://ashton-under-lyne.blogspot.com/

Here's your chance to vote for your favourites!

If you are not familiar with the photo Blog or are a recent visitor, perhaps you might like to spend a while clicking the "Older Posts" links at the bottom of each page and looking back through the photos.

You can let me know by posting a reply to this message, or you can contact me by email through this page: http://www.ashton-under-lyne.com/contact.htm  You can also post a response as a comment to the post on the blog on this subject.
http://ashton-under-lyne.blogspot.com/2009/12/photo-of-year-2009_23.html

If you can't remember what a particular photo was called or what month it was in, just describe the photo in some way.

You can choose up to three photos!

Please let me know by January 10th 2010. The winning photo will be shown on January 15th, at the same time as "Photos of the Year" on other photo blogs around the world.
Martin

Dannyx6

• View Profile
Re: Photo Blog - Photo of the year 2009?
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2009, 02:52 PM »
Merry Christmas Martin,

Nearly all your photographs have held some extraordinary nostalgia, probably because I do not live in the Ashton Area or have done for the past 40 odd years.

In more ways than one your blogs have brightened our days when they have been dark.

We choose 22/08/09 Saturday in Saddleworth Delph Village closely followed by 2nd Photograph on the 21/07/09 White World, Cowhill Lane, St. James Church.

The later maybe because I am meltilng in 37 degrees C !!!!!

Many thanks for all the Blog Section, please keep it going for ever.

Regards and Best Wishes,
Dannyx6.

greeny

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2009, 03:04 PM »
hi martin there are so many to choose from the most recent one i like is a winter waterside , night shelter,and st michaels square , which if picking one i wll say st michael square , thanks again for our changhing calandar of photographs from around ashton

Martin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2009, 04:11 PM »
a winter waterside
Hi, Greeny. There were two that day. Did you mean the one with the boats or the one with the sun on the ice?
Martin

Nan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2009, 04:36 PM »
Hi Martin. There are lots of lovely photos shown, but my favourite one is St James` Church and Cowhill Lane in the snow. I`ve seen this view so many times over the years with living close by, and have always liked it.
I also clicked on the bird`s eye view under the photo, and moved it over to the left. Was delighted to see my back garden at the back of the church with our caravan plainly in view[ The farthest white object from the church in the row of gardens].

Fudge

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2009, 05:05 PM »
I like the one with snow at Harthead Pike and a child sledging but love to look at all your photo's Fudge

paul_b

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2009, 12:18 AM »
Decisions,decisions Martin. So many to choose from. If it was for beautiful natural colours i would choose Just Before Dawn 6 Feb 2009. But i have plumped for Sunday Stroll Diggle Locks 22 Feb 2009. The contrasting modes of transport,the gentle slow chugging along of the barge,being outpaced by the power of the Steam train.

As featured in your photo blog today Martin, Lily Lanes. Another snow scene of Lily Lanes featured in your blog on 8 Feb 2009.

greeny

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2009, 02:16 PM »
hi martin the winter waterside the one with the boats and snow great picture :D

Meg

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2009, 07:55 PM »
I love the one you took earlier this week of St James church in the snow
Meg
"Minds are like parachutes, they only function when open"  Thomas Dewar

jan

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2009, 07:48 PM »
There have been so many wonderful photos but, like Meg, I liked the St James picture as that's the church I was married in.

Fudge

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2010, 10:31 AM »
Hi Martin Glad you were able to get a winner it is a lovely photo not the one I choose but there was so many and it was a difficult which one to pick love all your recent snow pictures as well . Fudge

Martin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2010, 11:46 AM »
Thanks, Fudge. If anyone has not looked yet, the photo of St James Church in the snow was the winner.

I have shown a slightly modified version of the original. It is a matter of personal judgement whether these modifications have improved the image or not.
http://ashton-under-lyne.blogspot.com/2010/01/photo-of-year-2009_15.html
Martin

greeny

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2010, 12:00 PM »
hi  a great photo , the snow photoes are always a winner , what was runner up ? i bet it was hard to pick one this year they get better and betterer so many to pick from ,should have photo of the month  :D

Ashtonian54

« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2010, 10:57 PM »
I loved the one that won for Gerald on Hyde Daily Photo.

Fudge

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2010, 04:51 PM »
Hi Martin Are you still having trouble with the photo Blog keep checking but no new ones hope you get it sorted soon. Fudge