Author Topic: X FACTOR  (Read 7174 times)

greeny

• View Profile
X FACTOR
« on: December 15, 2009, 08:56 PM »
HI saturday and sunday  nights wont be the same without x factor , i who been watching it i got   caught up with it the last few weeks , i think the joe mcelderry was a worthy winner , do you think he will make christmas number one ?, i sure he will , all though there is a boycot trying to stop simon cowell from becoming his fifth chrismas no 1  on his record label  ,i bet simon cowell laughthing all the way to the bank , he also manges susan boyles .and thats made him some money , but lets face it he made a lot of ordinarry people happy and give them hope , simon cowell you hate him or love him but i think hes here to stay  :D

Ashtonian54

Re: X FACTOR
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2009, 09:09 PM »
Well as you know, as X Factor ends in the UK,  the US version, Still called "Idol" begins in January. I believe the show is on where as well as there.

Nan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2009, 09:21 PM »
I said Joe would win right from the beginning of the series. Hope he gets No.1 for Christmas as he deserves it with a voice like he`s got. I think he`ll do well though, and we will probably hear a lot of him in the future.

Fudge

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2009, 11:31 PM »
Yes my daughter was rooting for him from day one she was over the moon on Sunday when he won. Fudge

lydia

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2009, 12:35 AM »
well later on wanted joe to win but at first loved jamie affro and also liked stacie as well.

Fudge

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2009, 10:28 AM »
Joe's Christmas single as been released wonder if it its going to top the charts for Christmas. Fudge

Denise

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2009, 03:38 PM »
I thought Jamie was great too, not fond of Stacey, especially when she spoke, nor Danyl. Hopefully Joe can do it - 4 days left in the race for No1.
An anti-XFactor (winners have topped the charts since 2006) campaign has been running on Facebook to spoil Cowell's Christmas, with downloads of a 1992 song "Killing in the name", by US rock band 'Rage Against The Machine'. Don't they sound just lovely for Christmas, NOT??  Come on, Joe!!!    Denise          
You're only given a little spark of madness, don't waste it!

greeny

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2009, 07:49 PM »
HI think that stacey may have reached the final if they had done somthing when she spoke her mentor should have sorted that out , the jedwards twins are making a good career out of the x factor and joe mc elderry record came out to day and its selling well , so i think the amercican rage machine as not got the x factor  :D

Vanessa

« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2009, 07:58 PM »
I loved Stacey and the way she spoke, she was from Dagenham afterall. Asking her to change her accent is like asking us Ashtonians to talk posh, I'd be insulted. She has a beautiful voice, I think that the wrong songs were chosen for her to sing, none of them really showed her voice off. She was my favourite, Joe my second.

Vanessa

greeny

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2009, 08:13 PM »
hi i not complaing about stacy accent ,it was the speed she was talking and it would be a insult to ask her to change it , yes she was a good singer and yes she will do very well out of the x factor  :D

Vanessa

« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2009, 09:07 PM »
Yeah she is going to have to slow it down, especially if she goes to the US of A. They'll know the words but without the tune they'll be buggered.
My friend is from Ayrshire, he knows that if I start looking blankly at him, he has to repeat what he said but more slowly. He also knows I won't be insulted if he asks me to repeat what I said.
My dad complained to me that another scots friend kept calling him Ken (this is not his name), it turned out he was saying "dee ya Ken", in English this is "do you understand", my dad obviously didn't.

Vanessa

Ashtonian54

« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2009, 12:47 AM »
I loved Stacey and the way she spoke, she was from Dagenham afterall. Asking her to change her accent is like asking us Ashtonians to talk posh, I'd be insulted. She has a beautiful voice, I think that the wrong songs were chosen for her to sing, none of them really showed her voice off. She was my favourite, Joe my second.

Vanessa

My sister went to the Hollies Convent FCJ grammar school, and being from Ashton, was given Elocution lessons.
"My Fathers Car's a Jaguar"  I wionder if it was Prof. Higgins?

lydia

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2009, 10:30 AM »
the group mentioned in competition with joe from facebook downloads were on radio 5 at 9am. Not exactly christmassy and they were cut off near end cos of bad language that they were told not to include. They have cowells record label anyway so whats the point?

Denise

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2009, 10:52 AM »
That doesn't surprise me, Simon Cowell is ultimately a wide boy when it comes to making money for himself!!!

I had no quibble with Stacey's accent, having worked most of my life with the general public, I enjoy trying to place accents.
It was her really odd way of speaking, a cross between Bernie Winters and Pluto!!  I wish her luck anyway, often the runners-up also share the 'glory' i.e. JLS last year.   Denise   :)  
You're only given a little spark of madness, don't waste it!

musky

• Now Living The Dream !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2009, 01:44 PM »
Cross between Bernie Winters & Pluto (very funny) made me laugh.
*****If Life Begin's At Forty That Makes Me A Teenager Again ****