Author Topic: Do you remember JO DONE a student teacher of the deaf. In 1954.  (Read 4083 times)

Ever-Hopeful

• View Profile

Jo Done was the daughter of the licensee of “The Castle” public house in Ashton under Lyne in the early to mid 1950s. Jo at that time was studying to be a teacher of deaf children at Manchester University. I was also a student, but at a college in London..

Jo, I believe had a boy friend that played in the Saints Jazz Band in Manchester whose name is unknown to me. She may have married him and may now carry his name as her married name.

Several years latter my first son was born deaf and I often would think of Jo and wonder what help and advice she would have given me, but by that time we had lost touch with each other.

Now with both of us in the autumn of our years I would love to hear news of her and maybe say Hi…even possibly exchanging a few of our life experiences.

Any help would be gratefully received, THANK YOU

Ever-Hopeful

Vanessa

Re: Do you remember JO DONE a student teacher of the deaf. In 1954.
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2009, 09:00 PM »
I've found that a Margaret Josephine Done married Brian Scotson Dixon at Christ Church, Ashton under Lyne in 1956. Could this be her. She could have been known by her middle name.

Vanessa

Albert

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2009, 09:26 PM »
 Scotland st was only from Stamford st to County bridge
 so were did the number 345 come from.After the Castle
 pub it was the Model Lodging House and not much more
 until the Blue Bell on the corner of Bedford st

Vanessa

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2009, 09:49 PM »
The Castle Inn was at 34 Scotland Street.

Vanessa

Ever-Hopeful

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2009, 01:29 PM »
Thank you all for your information. Unfortunately the big question remains, where are they now?

Ever-hopeful