Author Topic: DISCIPLING  (Read 2753 times)

greeny

• View Profile
DISCIPLING
« on: October 25, 2009, 12:36 PM »
hi whats the world comming to a teacher 31 years career faces the sack for marching a pupil out of the class by is collar on is coat ,after the boy ignored four request to stop telling a racist joke ,i would hate to be a teacher today , will the vast marority of people stand up one day and say enough is enough of this p c  lobby , we should bring back some of the old ways ,but i can not see it happening until we go the full circle .i dont think the teacher should be sacked or taken to court for assault , if i had done that when i was a kid in school the teacher would not have requested more then once , it would have been a slap round the ear hole and if i had told my parents i would have got another slap for doing it  :-X

chrisandangie

• View Profile
Re: DISCIPLING
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2009, 01:58 PM »
I have been saying for years the worm will turn one day,and it must come soon !
If it sounds too good to be true,it probably is!

Fudge

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2009, 02:18 PM »
Yes I agree but a lot of parents don't feel the same its there Little Precious who cant do anything wrong and come in schools to complain if you have even told them of for a little thing they believe there child is so goody goody. as Greeny said I often got the cane but would not dare to go home and let my parents know or I would get another of them. Fudge

jaywit

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2009, 02:31 PM »
I think Martin was a teacher so he may have some input.
I wouldn't have liked to teach myself,I was one for talking but at least I was punished for it and so I should have been.
It's been said over and  over,the parents are to blame for their children and no one else is to blame.Having said that you have to allow the teachers to have the tools to control unruly behaviour in class

chrisandangie

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2009, 05:55 PM »
Yes,someboy said somewhere,you can't blame the kids,cos their parents have never known any discipline. All i know,is when i was a kid,i was scared of the cops,and my teachers,and have grown up respecting my elders,and i dont believe the world owes me anything.
If it sounds too good to be true,it probably is!

gina44

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2009, 01:21 PM »
We were the same,i darent get into trouble because i knew what would happen if i went home.
I work as support staff in school and can see the problems first hand.Its just a shame that it has gone this way.One thing i do know is its not always down to the parents.In some cases students come from lovely homes with discipline in them and they know their boundaries.But it can be down to peer pressure.Some students these days would rather face the wrath of parents than the problems they face if they dont follow their peers.

jaywit

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2009, 02:07 PM »
That comes down to bullying.Pussyfooting around the problem by dogooders never solved anything.Swift,strong,action, immediately,not down the road.

Back to square one.Give the Teachers the tools to do the job as they obviously know first hand, and probably have the kids longer than the parents.

jaywit

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2009, 02:28 PM »
I see Martin is in the sidelines,no comment yet!!

gina44

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2009, 03:09 PM »
I agree.Its the do gooders who are making it worse.Children need to know their boundaries, otherwise how will they ever know right from wrong.

Jayess

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2009, 01:36 AM »
The threat of a few strokes of the cane by the teacher was usually enough to keep you in your place without it being used. Prewar the Policeman walked around the area trying shop doors etc & if you were doing anything wrong it was a quick cut about the behind with his stick & then he would take you home & another clout from your father seemed to put things right. If you answered back to your parents, it would be punishment time & a few simple privileges would dissapear.  I notice that today if a small child is doing something the parent will usually say "Don't do that PLEASE" which is a request, But a direct order such as a simple "Don't do that " means what it says, It is a order & then there is no excuse if it is not obeyed & some punishment can be done --It may be just stopping them from having something they like but it soon shows a child they are missing out. There is a time to say please & thank you to a child & it stays with them for life.   Jayess

Ashtonian54

Re: DISCIPLINING
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2009, 06:04 AM »
I say that you needn't worry.
I saw this coming 3 decades ago and left teacher training college because
I was convinced that the kids would only be getting worse.

Time has proven so. I've seen Waterloo Rd.  It's a shame I know, but what can you do?

It's way past the point of no return.