Author Topic: Help! I can't log in!  (Read 7080 times)

Martin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • www.ashton-under-lyne.com
Help! I can't log in!
« on: May 07, 2009, 10:25 PM »
I have had a couple of emails from new members who are wondering why they can't log in.

When you register to join this forum, an automatic email will be sent to your email address. When you get this email, click on the link in it and your account will be activated.

You will not be able to post messages until your account has been activated.

This is to stop spammers from attempting to register using false email addresses so that they can post adverts for dubious websites or amazing medications. (Remember all the strange names that appeared on the members' list on the old board?)

I see that there are at present six accounts waiting to be activated. Is yours one of them? Have you signed up but still can't post? Maybe your email system has put the automated email into your spam folder.

If you have signed up and can't see your activation email then send an email to me (click envelope on left) telling me which user name you registered and I will sort it out for you.
Martin

herby

• View Profile
Re: Help! I can't log in!
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2009, 09:28 AM »
Hi Martin.
              When I click on any of the forums. (Like Help I can't log) in it takes about a minute and forty seconds to open the same when I click on any of the the letters that the members write in yet when I click on the Phtos at the top of the page they come on right away.  herby

Martin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • www.ashton-under-lyne.com
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2009, 10:50 AM »
Hello Herby,

The links at the very top, like "Photos", are to the main website, which has been written so that the pages will display quickly. The forum links search through an online database and may take longer than ordinary web pages to appear.

It sounds as if you are using a dial-up rather than a broadband connection, as people using broadband probably wouldn't notice any difference. Life online must be getting more and more frustrating for those without broadband! The other possibility I can think of is that if you are using an older computer it may be taking longer to process the more complicated pages that the forum displays.

Can anyone else think of any other possibilities?
Martin

Old Ashtonian

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2009, 01:53 AM »
Hi Martin.. I have broadband and like Herby, I too, on a few occasions, have had a long wait not only for loging in but when accessing the various subjects. I thought it might have been because a lot of people were loged on at the time but apparently not.
I must say though that I do like the new format.  Thanks for all your efforts

herby

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2009, 03:10 AM »
Hi Martin
              I clicked on this morning and every thing is a o k working like a charm Like Old Ashtonion I'm on broadband I didnt change anything it did it all by itself Thanks for your help and the new forum is great. Thanks again for everything.   herby

KENNETHO

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2014, 05:38 AM »
how is it that when I hit my shortcut to the forum it usualy comes on and I am sighned in but the last couple of days I have had to log inand sometimes I don't have to log in??? cheers kennetho

Kiwi

• ɐoɹɐǝʇo∀ ɯoɹɟ ɐɹO ɐᴉʞ
    • View Profile
    • Central Hawkes Bay NZ
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2014, 09:43 PM »
Have you deleted any cookie's lately ??  ;)
You do not need a parachute to skydive. You only need a parachute to skydive twice.

KENNETHO

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2014, 11:11 PM »
not to my knowlage ive had the laptop into repair last week as I was having a few problems but its working fine now cheers kennetho

KENNETHO

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2015, 04:22 AM »
quite often when I click on the forum I have to log in I always click keep me logged in when I go to log in my user name appears in the space for password then I put my aser name in and the password appears in the right place .. I used to be loggedin all the time how come I have to log in now.cheers kennetho

Denise

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2015, 08:53 AM »
A few cookies been deleted here, Kiwi, mainly chocolate ones!!! 😉
You're only given a little spark of madness, don't waste it!