Author Topic: Vote for Corry  (Read 8924 times)

Vanessa

Vote for Corry
« on: May 07, 2009, 03:20 PM »
I think its about time that miserable dreary Eastenders lost its crown. Coronation Street is far better, yet every year it fails to win the top award.
So come on everyone, get voting.

http://www.britishsoapawards.tv/

Don't forget to verify your vote by clicking the link in the email you are sent.

Vanessa

greeny

• View Profile
Re: Vote for Corry
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2009, 06:09 PM »
HI Stopped watching the soaps a good few years ago ,they are nothing like real life , when thet first came out they were good , but they put them on to many nights they loose the story line i will not miss them one bit if they took them off the box :D

trekkie

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2009, 06:55 PM »
i have not watch any of the soaps for ages i would not like living on any of then streets so no vote for corrie ;D

Mr Chips

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2009, 07:02 PM »
I do not have a TV  - but I voted

Vanessa

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2009, 07:25 PM »
Thanks Mr Chips, we have to support our local actors.

Vanessa

GayJ

• Dukky Duck
    • View Profile
    • Tameside Family History
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2009, 10:10 PM »
I've voted for Corry, because like Vanessa, I can't stand the crying miserableness of Eastenders.  Haven't watched it for ages.  Secretly though Emmerdale is my favourite.
Don't let the B***ds grind you down.

Kiwi

• ɐoɹɐǝʇo∀ ɯoɹɟ ɐɹO ɐᴉʞ
    • View Profile
    • Central Hawkes Bay NZ
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2009, 04:19 AM »
Add one more vote for Corry St, we're only about 2 years behind on Kiwi TV, Mrs Kiwi used to try and watch it years ago but gave up because couldn't understand some of the accents, however since being shacked up with moi for 20 odd years she reckons she's developed an ear for the dialects, well either that or there's too many folk from south of Stockport on the show  :)
"We don't want blood all over the lawn and the hounds are fagged out from yesterdays Jehovah's witnesses"

gina44

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2009, 05:34 PM »
im the same i dont understand how eastenders win everytime,i will vote.

Vanessa

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2009, 12:24 PM »
Well, Eastenders did it again, Best Soap. WHY!!!!! Or is it just that Corrie fans don't need to be told its the best because they already know it. Shame though, I've tried to watch Eastenders, but the story lines are rubbish, everyones miserable, and the only way they can kill someone off is by running them down in the square, a dangerous place that, you'd think they would have put speed bumps down by now.

Vanessa

Nan

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2009, 02:53 PM »
I`m in full agreement over the Eastenders/Coronation Street saga on here. Can`t understand why such rubbish as Eastenders seems to walk away with the title every year. It`s nothing but doom and gloom every episode, whereas Coronation Street has the right amount of misery and merriment to make it possibly more realistic. All I can surmise is that there must be an awful lot of people who "enjoy" misery at it`s best, in Eastenders.

GayJ

• Dukky Duck
    • View Profile
    • Tameside Family History
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2009, 10:39 PM »
Most likely a North/South divide type of thing.  More people in the south to vote for a miserable accent they're used to. 
Don't let the B***ds grind you down.

Vanessa

« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2009, 11:44 PM »
They do a lot of darning in Eastenders

Am going darn the pub
Am going darn the shop
Am going darn Ethel's

Vanessa