Author Topic: The Beatles  (Read 15665 times)

Kiwi

• ɐoɹɐǝʇo∀ ɯoɹɟ ɐɹO ɐᴉʞ
    • View Profile
    • Central Hawkes Bay NZ
The Beatles
« on: May 06, 2009, 03:16 AM »
A 'must' for any Beatles fans, just click on the song to get the song and lyrics.....

http://www.beatlestube.net/
"We don't want blood all over the lawn and the hounds are fagged out from yesterdays Jehovah's witnesses"

greeny

• View Profile
Re: The Beatles
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2009, 06:14 PM »
HI Thats spot on kiwi good sounds ,great group ,

Meg

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2009, 08:54 AM »
How many of you saw The Beatles in concert?  I saw them four times. On the last occasion I walked from Crown Point Denton to the ABC Ardwick Green in thick fog (the buses had stopped running). I don't remember how I got back to Ashton but I was on cloud 9 so probably floated home!  ;D
"Minds are like parachutes, they only function when open"  Thomas Dewar

Fudge

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2009, 09:25 AM »
I Meg you lucky thing I never got to see them in concert. But I have a set of there records a special addition got in the early 70s love there song and all the early 60s music you can still sing along to it not like some of the head banging music you hear today Fudge :D

jan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2009, 09:31 AM »
I remember when the Beatles appeared in Ashton.  I couldn't go to the concert but the Ashton Reporter issued free photos of them and I had mine for years :-)

Meg

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2009, 09:29 AM »
Wow!  I didn't know the Beatles appeared in Ashton, Jan. When was that?  Were they playing at the Palais?   I did see the Who at Ashton Palais!
 Is my memory deceiving me or did I see the Beatles at the ABC at Star Inn, corner of Union Street in Oldham about 1962/3??

jan

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2009, 10:13 AM »
That looks like a really good site Bill - I get very frustrated trying to remember lyrics so it might put me out of my misery  :)
Meg - I think it must have been soon after they started hitting the charts so it would probably have been 1963ish.  My friend had a ticket and I was so envious but I was still too young for a Saturday job and so couldn't afford to go.  I have a feeling that they were playing at one of the cinemas.  In that case you probably saw them in Oldham as they would have been touring local cinemas and theatres.

Jean

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2009, 05:19 PM »
I also never knew the Beatles appeared in Ashton, I saw Rod Stewart at the Palais when he was with his group,were they called The Faces or The Small faces ? I can never remember!!

Martin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • www.ashton-under-lyne.com
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2009, 07:09 PM »
Going off the subject slightly, I always had trouble with lyrics (Radio Luxembourg, crackly jukeboxes, etc.) Israelites being a real stumbling block.

What? You mean you thought the words went:
"Oh, oh, my ears are alight"  ?
Martin

jan

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2009, 09:11 AM »
Bill - maybe you should start a topic on misheard lyrics :-)  eg BeeGees "I come to you on a submarine" Abba "When I saw you last night inTescos" 

jan

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2009, 11:18 AM »
Sometimes it's probably better not to hear the lyrics clearly Bill!!!!
I'm quite amused when I look back and remember what the BBC used to ban in the 60s and 70s.  Current lyrics would make the old time censors curl up and die :-)

Bardsleycrow

• Me with a well-known statesman!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2009, 04:52 AM »
Meg The Beatles were at The old Gaumont Cinema or the ABC.I was'nt a fan in those days.
Kevin

lydia

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2009, 09:09 PM »
I know the beatles were a big hit in the 60's but give me rock music any day. After you've been to see the likes of Led Zeppelin. Pink Floyd and The Who etc you have been spoiled.

lydia

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2009, 09:06 AM »
thanks Bill. That was very good. Will play it to my husband tonight

Meg

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2009, 06:40 PM »
Been really enjoying the old Beatles footage on BBC. Great stuff!  Reminded me of when I went to see 'Hard Day's Night'. I saw it 5 times I was that entranced!  George Harrison was always my favourite. One of these days I almost expect to see my younger self, screaming my head off at a Beatles concert!