Author Topic: Old No 7 Crowhill bus  (Read 17181 times)

Denise

• View Profile
Re: Old No 7 Crowhill bus
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2009, 02:11 PM »
Greeny - I used to catch the Mossley bus on Fletcher St in the late 50's/early 60's to Darnton Rd but can't remember the bus number. Here's the Hurst Circular No3 on Fletcher St in the 50's.

http://www.tameside.gov.uk/history/archive.php3
You're only given a little spark of madness, don't waste it!

Bardsleycrow

• Me with a well-known statesman!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2009, 09:40 AM »
I remember when there was no bus to Park Bridge
Kevin

greeny

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2009, 12:10 PM »
hi there were two bus shelters on fletcher street were the mossley bus and hurst bus went from , i remember the no 7 use to be near the town hall where the council offices door way was , the nearest thing to a bus station we had in the 50s was the one on wellington road opposite the old fire station ,it even had a waiting room , i remember waiting there with a mate of mine his cousin was coming from doncaster on a north western that also stopped there , we waited ages because it was a bit foggy it also had a big clock on it which you could see comming down penny meadow  :D

Denise

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2009, 04:46 PM »
Hi Bill,  Thanks for the info, most useful, especially on Archives site. I did realise it hadn't worked but thought I'd leave well alone. Knew one of you clever gents would come to the rescue!! I'll keep trying. Cheers, Denise.  ;)
You're only given a little spark of madness, don't waste it!

lydia

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2009, 09:44 PM »
hi martin as i am pretty new to this forum i just wanted to know about your knowledge and interest in transport. my dad was an ambulanceman before becoming manager at hospital and always loved york transport museum. his family were all working on the railways and just wondered about your personal interest.

Martin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • www.ashton-under-lyne.com
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2009, 10:22 PM »
My interest exceeds my knowledge, I'm afraid.

That'd why I had to refer to books, whereas some people might have remembered Ashton's bus routes of 40 years ago without needing to look them up!
Martin

greeny

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2009, 12:02 PM »

Fudge

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2009, 03:19 PM »
That was a really interesting video were are people getting them from Fudge

Martin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • www.ashton-under-lyne.com
« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2009, 04:09 PM »
From YouTube?  :)

That last video is the one that is shown at Portland Basin. It would appear to have been added to YouTube by the people who made the film.

Some of the others have been compiled by people using images they have found online which include some from Tameside Archive. Some of the images may not have permission to be used in that way.
Martin

jaywit

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2009, 03:39 PM »
From YouTube?  :)

That last video is the one that is shown at Portland Basin. It would appear to have been added to YouTube by the people who made the film.

Some of the others have been compiled by people using images they have found online which include some from Tameside Archive. Some of the images may not have permission to be used in that way.
I seem to think someone will have to complain before the censor will get the scissors out.

Westy

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2015, 11:46 AM »
Wow that's amazing and brought back so many memories of getting the 337 at the bus stop on knowledge avenue and taking it over the bridge at the moss down Katherine street and through to the station do go swimming in the '70's.
Thanks.
Paula

PJackson

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2015, 07:02 PM »
11  Brushes - Copley - Stalybridge - Park Road - Ashton - Crescent Road - Lodge Lane - Newton (SHMD) (Now parts of 348 and 346)
[snip]
153  Manchester (Stevenson Sq) - Ashton - Stalybridge - Carrbrook (Limited Stop)  (no longer a route)

The 348 runs Ashton - Stalybridge - Copley - Millbrook - Carrbrook so seems to cover much of the 153 route. I get the tram to continue into Manchester.

http://www.tfgm.com/journey_planning/RouteMaps/348.pdf