Author Topic: Manchester United F.C.  (Read 273535 times)

greeny

• View Profile
Re: Manchester United F.C.
« Reply #435 on: December 10, 2017, 07:43 PM »
Hi what can I say they have silenced us there will be no stopping the blues now.no more to say  :(

KENNETHO

• View Profile
« Reply #436 on: December 10, 2017, 07:56 PM »
it  looks  that  way  for sure  but    strange  things  do  happen ...

Kiwi

• ɐoɹɐǝʇo∀ ɯoɹɟ ɐɹO ɐᴉʞ
    • View Profile
    • Central Hawkes Bay NZ
« Reply #437 on: December 13, 2017, 03:40 AM »
Back in the day when Alex Ferguson managed Man U, the club scouts identify a brilliant young Nigerian player and sign him up.

The first training session gets underway. The young African lad is standing with the rest of the team and Ferguson places a ball on the ground. "This is "ball", understand? Over there is "goal"" he says, pointing to the goal. He then swings his leg in a kicking motion and "Kick...yes?" "KIIIICK". "Kick....ball...goooooal!"

At this point the Nigerian lad plucks up courage and protests..."Please Mr Ferguson, my English is very good, there is no need to speak to me like that, it is quite patronis....".

"Pipe down lad, I'm talking to Rooney....."
I'm convinced 90% of the software on my computer doesn't do anything except send me notifications that there's a new version of itself.

greeny

• View Profile
« Reply #438 on: February 06, 2018, 12:54 PM »
hi 60 years on munich air disaster we will remember , it seems only like yeasterday one of the greatest manchester united teams of the time  so sad ,i was a kid at the time but from getting home from school my mam told me it was on the radio , it took till next day to find out what had happened with having no tv, news came through very slow i remember the evening news and the evening chronicle it was on every page the next dayi will always remember thursday the 6 february 1958

KENNETHO

• View Profile
« Reply #439 on: February 08, 2018, 12:17 AM »
yes  i was in canada when we heard the news i remember bert  whalley he used to  drop in on training nights and put us through the training  the  odd  time at  stalybridge  celtic  when  i  was   playing  for  the  reserves.. what  a sad  day it  was  feb, 6  1958

Son of Nomad

• View Profile
« Reply #440 on: March 14, 2018, 11:25 AM »
Man Utd 1 Sevilla 2: oh dear! At least we can concentrate on the league now (well coming second anyway). Three cheers for Jose - louder, I can't hear you.

KENNETHO

• View Profile
« Reply #441 on: March 14, 2018, 10:45 PM »
Jose. Not bothered  he. Says how about the f a cup???  It looked like second in the league that's not bad  cheers

Son of Nomad

• View Profile
« Reply #442 on: March 15, 2018, 01:48 PM »
I know it's early days but I've always said the club has brought in the wrong manager and too many wrong players. Anyway we shall see.

That's what I said 18 months ago and that's what I say now. For years, the 'Special One' has been living on his past reputation. He does not have the mindset of the great United managers and players of the past. No-one fears United now like they used to do. The crowd were leaving in numbers before the end of the game and that is rare.

KENNETHO

• View Profile
« Reply #443 on: March 15, 2018, 10:20 PM »
i wonder  what jose writes in his little note book ?? i never saw sir  alex making  notes

KENNETHO

• View Profile
« Reply #444 on: March 18, 2018, 09:41 PM »
the  f a cup  looks  interesting if united  and southampton  get to the final..

greeny

• View Profile
« Reply #445 on: April 07, 2018, 06:06 PM »
Hi just over half hour gone ,its. Gone a bit quiet for us Reds 2 -0 down so sad

greeny

• View Profile
« Reply #446 on: April 07, 2018, 07:26 PM »
Hi what a turn around united won 3-2 what a game we spoiled city party the games not over to the fat lady sings come on you reds  :) :) :) :)

KENNETHO

• View Profile
« Reply #447 on: April 07, 2018, 10:37 PM »
Oh yes very   nice I haven't seen the game as we were out but I have it recorded I will enjoy that when I get home.  Cheers

Fudge

• View Profile
« Reply #448 on: April 08, 2018, 10:24 AM »
Well I  will always be a City fan been a supporter for about 65 years and stuck by them through the bad and the good Go City Go Fudge

jaywit

• View Profile
« Reply #449 on: April 08, 2018, 05:59 PM »
I went to watch City play a home game against Bradford in a FA Cup game.Been a supporter ever since. Iv'e tried to find out the year to no avail!!
I was on my dads shoulders so I was pretty young.
1938 dob.
Out of 2 sons and 4 grand sons for it's 5 to 1 for United.
Booooo!