Author Topic: Problem with Tameside Image Archive site?  (Read 571 times)

Son of Nomad

• View Profile
Problem with Tameside Image Archive site?
« on: February 13, 2019, 03:06 PM »
I have been trying to get into Tameside Image Archive for several days now but I keep getting 'Unable To Connect' message. Tried various searches but am going round in circles. Does anyone know of a problem or if it has changed its URL?

Kiwi

• ɐoɹɐǝʇo∀ ɯoɹɟ ɐɹO ɐᴉʞ
    • View Profile
    • Central Hawkes Bay NZ
Re: Problem with Tameside Image Archive site?
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2019, 11:22 PM »
Just tried it, no problem logging into  https://www.tameside.gov.uk/archives/imagearchive

Possibly time for a cookie clean ?.
My pet hate is passing. When my time comes, Iím going to die, Iím refuse to ďpassĒ. I want people to say Iím dead. Brown ******* bread. Any ****** that says I passed, Iíll haunt.

Son of Nomad

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2019, 10:37 AM »
I've already been on that link Kiwi but no joy. Is it because I won't be bullied into clicking the 'Accept' button regarding the 'cookie' thing?

Kiwi

• ɐoɹɐǝʇo∀ ɯoɹɟ ɐɹO ɐᴉʞ
    • View Profile
    • Central Hawkes Bay NZ
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2019, 12:23 AM »
Not sure, I don't remember ever clicking an "Accept" button to access the site, have you tried complaining to the council IT people in a harsh font ?.  ;)
My pet hate is passing. When my time comes, Iím going to die, Iím refuse to ďpassĒ. I want people to say Iím dead. Brown ******* bread. Any ****** that says I passed, Iíll haunt.

Son of Nomad

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2019, 10:36 AM »
Just tried again by clicking the 'Access the Tameside Image Archive' link but still no success. Will send a polite enquiry to them.

Son of Nomad

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2019, 03:52 PM »
Ah! You were right Kiwi. Just got rid of the Tameside cookies on my computer and got access to the image site right away. 

Kiwi

• ɐoɹɐǝʇo∀ ɯoɹɟ ɐɹO ɐᴉʞ
    • View Profile
    • Central Hawkes Bay NZ
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2019, 12:29 AM »
Strange thing is that I rarely clean out the cookie jar but never seem to have problems accessing places  :-\