Author Topic: LOSING GREAT FRIENDS.  (Read 2098 times)

Joyce_in_Canada

• View Profile
Re: LOSING GREAT FRIENDS.
« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2018, 12:57 PM »
It was lovely to find your post after all this time Dannyx6. even if about the sad circumstances of Herby's passing.   Things are so different nowadays it seems for almost everyone, but nevertheless, I hope you had a lovely Christmas with your family and you are staying as healthy as possible, as we are now hearing that some of the "oldies" are sadly passing on. 
Do take care and I hope you and your family have a great and healthy 2019, along with all the other members here on Ashton I've known.    Joyce.   :) :)

Fudge

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2018, 07:41 PM »
So sorry to hear the sad news Glad to see you are ok Danny x6 was talking to Martin in nov and said I had not heard of you for a long time hope every one on this site keeps we'll in 2019 Fudge

greeny

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2018, 01:36 PM »
Hi happy healthy new year 2019 to each and everyone   :D

eggstoocool02

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2019, 12:34 AM »
Well it's been quite a long time since I visited this site. This morning brought back a lot of memories for me from this forum, so I decided it was time to log in and have a browse and read what's been happening.
Today you see is 10 years since my Mum 💖, Groovin Granny, passed away.
All of you here gave her so much joy in the sharing of her younger days.
Many people still contact me for the link to her memoirs here on the site.
Thanks again to Martin Clark for putting them all together. 💖

Son of Nomad

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2019, 02:04 PM »
Well it's been quite a long time since I visited this site. This morning brought back a lot of memories for me from this forum, so I decided it was time to log in and have a browse and read what's been happening.
Today you see is 10 years since my Mum 💖, Groovin Granny, passed away.
All of you here gave her so much joy in the sharing of her younger days.
Many people still contact me for the link to her memoirs here on the site.
Thanks again to Martin Clark for putting them all together. 💖

Hi eggstoocool02 - it's nice to hear from you again. Wow 10 years - I can can't believe it! I sometimes think of your Mum when I'm going through these posts because I miss the kind of fascinating stories and memories that she gave us and there are very few now who can do that. Keep in touch with us.

greeny

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2019, 10:26 PM »
Hi eggstoocool02 nice to here from you 10years where's the time gone yes we have lots of memories of your mother I use to call her groovy gran loved her stories keep well greeny  :)

jaywit

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2019, 03:36 PM »
10 years!? seems like yesterday.Time seems to fly by quicker the older one gets.
i posted a message so long ago to her,GG and I actually met around
70 plus years ago.
We lived on Timperley Rd and next door lived the Buckleys.One day a girl was babysitting her brothers young  (very young)baby.The baby was crying for some reason and the young girl was having no success in pacifying  the baby.My mam having 5 children at that time ,stepped in.
Got a boiled sweet (fruit drop) tied it in a hanky and let the baby suck it.
It worked.
GG happened to be the baby sitter and as she remembered,I was the little chubby boy from next door.
This was her memory which jogged mine.It must have been the early 40's.

Kiwi

• ɐoɹɐǝʇo∀ ɯoɹɟ ɐɹO ɐᴉʞ
    • View Profile
    • Central Hawkes Bay NZ
« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2019, 11:53 PM »
Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like ..................

Was sure I'd posted my condolences on the passing of Herby earlier but I must have logged out before doing so, it's always sad to learn of the passing of one of the members of this forum, even though we haven't met them face to face there's a link to a treasure that's lost. RIP Herby.
My pet hate is passing. When my time comes, Iím going to die, Iím refuse to ďpassĒ. I want people to say Iím dead. Brown ******* bread. Any ****** that says I passed, Iíll haunt.

eggstoocool02

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2019, 12:25 AM »
Yes Jaywit, mum had an amazing memory, right up to the day she died! The details she could remember were brilliant, she could almost paint a picture with her words.

Martin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • www.ashton-under-lyne.com
« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2019, 08:34 PM »
Thanks, Karen. The forum has never been the same without your mum.
Ten years? Eeek!
Martin

daftjack

• POWER TO THE PEOPLE....KEEP THE NET FREE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2019, 11:13 AM »
Hi All, Today is the 6th Anniversary of Bengy barber's passing. I would just like to say that I still miss my old friend and I would like to post one of his
favourite jokes just to let him know I stlll remember him. He was one of the 'lads' off Palace road who have all but died out now. We were a 'pain' sometimes
but still held to the old tenets of Integrity, Honesty and hard work. YOU ARE MISSED BENGY, BIG TIME OLD FRIEND.

I hope no one will take offence to this Joke, If so, I apologise beforehand.

"I don't give a fuck who you are, you ain't walking on this water while I'm fishing".

Daftjack.