Author Topic: WW 1  (Read 1822 times)

greeny

• View Profile
WW 1
« on: August 21, 2018, 07:39 PM »
Hi dose any one know if you get ww1 records from the family history centre thank you greeny  :)

Vanessa

• View Profile
Re: WW 1
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2018, 12:03 AM »
No, they're available on Ancestry.

greeny

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2018, 10:26 AM »
hi thanks vanessa . do you know of any free sites to trace ww1 army records ,where would they have sent soldier with stress from this area ?

Vanessa

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2018, 11:51 AM »
I don't know of any free sites that do this, soldiers could be sent anywhere in the country, normally this would be on their pension record, when my grandfather was injured he was sent to a hospital in Suffolk, though in reality it was a large house turned into a hospital. In Ashton there was Ryecroft Hall and the building that became Heginbotton girls school on Church Street for ordinary soldiers, the house that became York House Hotel and Mottram Hall were for officers. If you give me the details I can look on Ancestry to see if there are any records for your soldier, a lot were destroyed during bombing in WW2

greeny

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2018, 01:41 PM »
Hi thanks again we are trying to find the Mrs grandfather we don't know which regiment or where he originated from we know he settled. In Macclesfield after the first world war that's all we have

Vanessa

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2018, 06:12 PM »
What's his name and approximate year of birth.

greeny

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2018, 11:38 AM »
Hi thanks again we are waiting of a copy of the 1939 register hopefully we will have dates of birth on there thanks greeny