Author Topic: Adventure before Dementia  (Read 2626 times)

Kiwi

• ɐoɹɐǝʇo∀ ɯoɹɟ ɐɹO ɐᴉʞ
    • View Profile
    • Central Hawkes Bay NZ
Re: Adventure before Dementia
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2018, 01:10 AM »
The best laid plans of mice and men .....................

Well, the buyer we have been in negotiations with for the last few months has finally had to admit that the sums didn't add up, he was trying to borrow 100% of the cost and the repayments would have been way too much, anyhoo we're back to square one  ::) The plan now is to list the business on the open market but ................... we're right up against the silly season so even if it sells quickly (which we're pretty sure it will) we're gonna have to wait till the accountants and solicitors get back to work after the holidays which is pretty much the end of January which probably isn't too bad coz most camp-sites and freedom camping areas are chockas till then. Meantime we've parked the shed on wheels up at work and are living on the job so to speak. The downside is that we'll miss most of summer before we hit the road, the positives are that we're still getting paid and living rent free with power and water on tap so to speak so we're saving heaps, no lawns, minimal housework and no commuting  ;D . We're also in town instead of living in the boonies so we've got supermarkets, shops and restaurants within walking distance and we can still up-sticks and move to the coast at night or at weekends should the fancy take us  :)
My pet hate is passing. When my time comes, Iím going to die, Iím refuse to ďpassĒ. I want people to say Iím dead. Brown ******* bread. Any ****** that says I passed, Iíll haunt.

jaywit

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2018, 02:58 PM »
Murphy's law seems to apply apptly.
I hope things do go right, but having Gypsies camping in the front yard could be a bit of a turn off for negotiations(as in over a barrel) a fair and reasonable price.
just a weird thought

Kiwi

• ɐoɹɐǝʇo∀ ɯoɹɟ ɐɹO ɐᴉʞ
    • View Profile
    • Central Hawkes Bay NZ
« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2018, 02:02 AM »
No pikeys round here, just us and the dawg and we're Glamping  :)
My pet hate is passing. When my time comes, Iím going to die, Iím refuse to ďpassĒ. I want people to say Iím dead. Brown ******* bread. Any ****** that says I passed, Iíll haunt.

Kiwi

• ɐoɹɐǝʇo∀ ɯoɹɟ ɐɹO ɐᴉʞ
    • View Profile
    • Central Hawkes Bay NZ
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2019, 02:57 AM »
Well, it's almost 9 months since I started this thread and guess wot ??, yep we're still stuck in sunny Hastings NZ, the house sold in days but .... trying to sell the business has been (almost) as bad as Brexit, had a couple of tyre kickers that wasted several months but hopefully we'll find out in the next couple of days of a deal has finally been signed (sound familiar) so at the moment Mrs Kiwi plus me and the dawg are sweating like a paratrooper at a spelling test  :) We do have a Plan B if the current deal falls through and that'll mean we have to hang around while we get a couple of new staff members up to speed which all things considered wont be too bad coz it's almost winter down here in Noo Zild. Meanwhile I'll have to console meself with a few tins of Dandelion and Burdock which I can get from the local pound ($2) shop  ;) They even sell Tizer in cans but it's not like the stuff that came in a bottle  :-\ , the D&B is pretty authentic even though it's made in Glasgow.

We've been renting a nice ikkle cottage about 50 yards from my workplace since Chrimbo and it's quite a novelty living in town as we can walk to the shops and restaurants instead of driving half an hour each way  :) .

Kiwi

• ɐoɹɐǝʇo∀ ɯoɹɟ ɐɹO ɐᴉʞ
    • View Profile
    • Central Hawkes Bay NZ
« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2019, 10:46 PM »
About time I updated this post.

The efforts to sell the business failed to fly, basically the problem was that prospective buyers had no real equity and were trying to borrow 100% to finance the purchase of the business and not realising that they would struggle to meet the outgoings. It's not like they were buying a hairdressing salon or a corner shop with a few quids worth of stock, we're talking millions of bucks worth of gear  ::)
Anyhoo, we implemented Plan B (there's always a Plan B) We took the business off the market, headhunted a new manager who in turn is currently sourcing a new administrator/co-ordinator and a logistics and compliance manager to replace SWMBO and myself  :) The upshot of all this is that Mrs Kiwi and I have handed in our resignations effective from the end of August and will be hitting the frog & toad in early spring,   :) :) :) :) Only a year behind schedule  :-\ but it's given us a chance to fine tune everything ready for life on the road  ;)