Author Topic: Adventure before Dementia  (Read 443 times)

Kiwi

• ɐoɹɐǝʇo∀ ɯoɹɟ ɐɹO ɐᴉʞ
    • View Profile
    • Central Hawkes Bay NZ
Adventure before Dementia
« on: July 23, 2018, 05:01 AM »
Apologies for being a wee bit AWOL from this forum but Mrs Kiwi and I have been otherwise engaged in the throes of selling our home of the last 18 years and moving stuff to and fro into and out of our new abode, have finally remembered to take some photos of our home on wheels. Our house sold surprisingly quickly, listed on a Tuesday, sold by Friday and for a good price as well  :)
We'll be moving in on the first weekend in August and using it as a base till we find somebody to take over our jobs and then we are gonna hit the road, it's been an interesting last few weeks deciding what we need and what we don't, downsizing from a 4 bedroom (huge by UK standards) home to something smaller than our dining room, however it has everything that opens and shuts, even a washing machine !. We can't wait to hit the road, we have mobile wireless data and phones sorted so we'll keep in touch and post updates when we can.

I'm convinced 90% of the software on my computer doesn't do anything except send me notifications that there's a new version of itself.

Bill

• View Profile
Re: Adventure before Dementia
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2018, 06:07 AM »
Good luck to you and your missus, Kiwi.

Joyce_in_Canada

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2018, 12:38 PM »
Every good wish for your future life-style, Kiwi (and Mrs. Kiwi too, of course).   It all sounds so very exciting, and along with your new adventures, come the very best of good health wishes  for both of you.   The pictures of your new abode look great....and news of your travels and journeys to new places will certainly be looked forward to by myself.   The very best of luck and happiness.     ;D  Joyce

Kiwi

• ɐoɹɐǝʇo∀ ɯoɹɟ ɐɹO ɐᴉʞ
    • View Profile
    • Central Hawkes Bay NZ
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2018, 11:31 PM »
Thanks Bill & Joyce, just hit our first snag, we're overweight!!! We packed so much stuff into it that if we hit the road at the moment we'd be 10kg over our Tare weight and that's without the e-bikes, the generator and our clothes on board (about 100kg), hopefully we can use up most of the tinned food and booze that we've loaded before we leave  :) that will reduce the weight by 40 or 50kg. We can also shed another 150kg by emptying the fresh water tanks which were full when I went over the weighbridge. Mrs Kiwi also thinks we need 5 frying pans along with an electric frypan so there's some savings to be made in the kitchen as well. Tested the modem which works well, about the only thing that don't work is the on-board sat-nav which can't find any GPS signal along with the vehicle radio which can't pick up any stations more than a mile away so I'm guessing the aerial amplifier isn't working so a visit to the Mercedes Benz dealer might be on the cards, life's never dull  ;)
I'm convinced 90% of the software on my computer doesn't do anything except send me notifications that there's a new version of itself.

KENNETHO

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2018, 11:44 PM »
all  the very best for your new living  style to you and the mrs kiwi  cheers kennetho

Fudge

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2018, 11:37 AM »
Enjoy I would have loved to do that   Fudge

greeny

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2018, 11:07 AM »
hi best wishes to you and mrs kiwi , some mean house on wheels enjoy the journey ;D

Albert

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2018, 10:02 AM »
I think you are doing the right thing before you get to old we have been caravaning for over 50 years ..You get to places with the van you would miss other wise .Good luck Albert.

Kiwi

• ɐoɹɐǝʇo∀ ɯoɹɟ ɐɹO ɐᴉʞ
    • View Profile
    • Central Hawkes Bay NZ
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2018, 10:34 PM »
Thanks folks, can't wait to hit the road, we move in next weekend so we're looking forwards to that, we'll still be going to work for the next few weeks and then we're off, no fixed plans or destinations, we'll just head for where the sky is blue  :)

Fudge

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2018, 11:49 AM »
Keep us updated were you go and we can enjoy the blue sky Fudge

Kiwi

• ɐoɹɐǝʇo∀ ɯoɹɟ ɐɹO ɐᴉʞ
    • View Profile
    • Central Hawkes Bay NZ
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2018, 03:29 AM »
Had a nice day at the beach yesterday, weather was great (still winter here) we're still waiting for somebody to buy the place we work at which should happen in the next few weeks and then we are off-ski, just in time for summer  :)

Fudge

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2018, 11:47 AM »
Lovely you lucky pair wish it was me Fudge