Author Topic: Users Online  (Read 494 times)

Kiwi

• ɐoɹɐǝʇo∀ ɯoɹɟ ɐɹO ɐᴉʞ
    • View Profile
    • Central Hawkes Bay NZ
Users Online
« on: June 14, 2018, 04:20 AM »
Due to my geographical location I'm often awake whilst many other members of this forum are knocking out the ZZZZZZ's while curled up in their flea-pits. It's often interesting to click on the "Users Online" to see who is logged on, usually it's KENNETHO or Jaywit or other users from the colonies in the Northern Hemisphere. Usually there's up to 30 odd people on line, even if half of these are 'bots' there's obviously a fair few still using the forum which begs the question "Who are these 'visitors' and secondly why would a handful of them want to view members profiles ??  :)

Edited to add, the times are NZ so in A-U-L time just after 4 in the morning.
I'm convinced 90% of the software on my computer doesn't do anything except send me notifications that there's a new version of itself.

Joyce_in_Canada

• View Profile
Re: Users Online
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2018, 11:50 AM »
I've often wondered the same thing myself, Kiwi, now that there are so few "old timers" who post these days but always lots of "guests".        I mostly check in about twice a day just to see what's happening, if anything.    It's not like it used to be though when there were loads of regulars who became great friends, but then nothing is the same as it was when I first found Ashton site.   
It's lovely to know that you're soon to be off on your new life-style and adventures and I wish you and Mrs. Kiwi all the very best and happiness.   I was wondering though - will you still be posting on here, or will we lose you too?    Have a great day!   (It's 6:50AM here now).    Joyce

Fudge

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2018, 01:26 PM »
I come on two or three times a day to get updated and check my web cams but site not like it use to be Fudge

Kiwi

• ɐoɹɐǝʇo∀ ɯoɹɟ ɐɹO ɐᴉʞ
    • View Profile
    • Central Hawkes Bay NZ
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2018, 09:47 PM »
Hi Joyce, hopefully I'll still be able to post on here, haven't got round to sorting a modem and things for the new home on wheels but it should be do-able  ;)
I'm convinced 90% of the software on my computer doesn't do anything except send me notifications that there's a new version of itself.

Martin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • www.ashton-under-lyne.com
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2018, 08:42 PM »
A lot of people are on Facebook these days.
Martin

jaywit

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2018, 03:19 PM »
I'm still here Joan.
Passed on the twitter and facebook thingy.
I tend not to log in,so that can account for the perceived loss of presence.
I just end up as a visitor.(Guest) so no trace record.

Joyce_in_Canada

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2018, 03:06 AM »
Hi Jaywit.....who's Joan?   Perhaps it's someone I missed from the past?    I also don't belong to any of the popular "social media" sites as I have enough problems just remembering my own name, let alone all the various ones we'd have to create as passwords for them!   :o  Joyce  ;D

jaywit

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2018, 01:13 PM »
sorry JOYCE!!!
I'm not quite where you are on the age curve but getting there too  quickly lately.
I only know 2 Joans and one isn't with us and the other,I don't know.

greeny

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2018, 02:12 PM »
Hi still here,sometimes I come on as a guest and sometimes I log in but not at 3 am in the morning  :D

LCGI

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2018, 06:09 PM »
Howdy to all here right now.... this old-timer often online at 3:00am - watchin 2018 World cup as I write this.

Germany v Sweden will start in 50 mins

Havagoodweek,
Larry E.