Author Topic: ST GEORGE DAY  (Read 1241 times)

greeny

• View Profile
ST GEORGE DAY
« on: April 23, 2018, 03:54 PM »
Hi happy st Georges day what s day for the new prince  :)

Kiwi

• ɐoɹɐǝʇo∀ ɯoɹɟ ɐɹO ɐᴉʞ
    • View Profile
    • Central Hawkes Bay NZ
Re: ST GEORGE DAY
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2018, 09:38 PM »
Woman has baby, I think I'm going to need a lie down to take in this extraordinary turn of events, bet their gutted they already used George  ;) ;) :)
I'm convinced 90% of the software on my computer doesn't do anything except send me notifications that there's a new version of itself.

Too shy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2018, 02:38 PM »
Woman has baby, I think I'm going to need a lie down to take in this extraordinary turn of events, bet their gutted they already used George  ;) ;) :)

?

Son of Nomad

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2018, 12:44 PM »
I wonder if Kiwi is suffering from 'Royal Baby fatigue' already - I know I am.

Too shy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2018, 07:13 PM »
We have a monarchy, SON. Like it or lump it, they are the centre point of our nation. They have been there since Adam was a lad (at least since Canute, Harold, William and all those). Mock it and denigrate it as you will but it has made us the nation (or nations) that we are. I don't think President Dennis Skinner and his Consort, Diane Abbott, has the same ring about it - do you? God help us.

KENNETHO

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2018, 07:29 PM »
yes  indeed  cheers

Kiwi

• ɐoɹɐǝʇo∀ ɯoɹɟ ɐɹO ɐᴉʞ
    • View Profile
    • Central Hawkes Bay NZ
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2018, 10:29 PM »
Don't get me wrong, I'm a staunch monarchist but gizzabreak fer crying out loud it's not like it's their first ikkle rugrat, the announcement clogged up the morning news here and to top it all off NZ's PM of the MP's is up the duff and about to drop.

I'm up to pussy's bow with it all  :)
I'm convinced 90% of the software on my computer doesn't do anything except send me notifications that there's a new version of itself.

Kiwi

• ɐoɹɐǝʇo∀ ɯoɹɟ ɐɹO ɐᴉʞ
    • View Profile
    • Central Hawkes Bay NZ
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2018, 10:59 PM »
We have a monarchy, SON. Like it or lump it, they are the centre point of our nation. They have been there since Adam was a lad (at least since Canute, Harold, William and all those). Mock it and denigrate it as you will but it has made us the nation (or nations) that we are. I don't think President Dennis Skinner and his Consort, Diane Abbott, has the same ring about it - do you? God help us.

Son of Nomad

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2018, 08:29 PM »

Well - as I've said before on here, the 3 topics I wont debate in public are politics, religion and royalty because it's the quickest way to lose friends and I consider that we are all friends on this forum.
Sleep well, sleep tight, mind the corgis don't bite - Oops forgot the last one just died!

Too shy

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2018, 10:27 PM »

Well - as I've said before on here, the 3 topics I wont debate in public are politics, religion and royalty because it's the quickest way to lose friends and I consider that we are all friends on this forum.
Sleep well, sleep tight, mind the corgis don't bite - Oops forgot the last one just died!

Of course we can continue to debate these topics (what has being in public or otherwise got to do with it?) We don't need to insult each other. Our views are personal but we shouldn't feel that we can't air them.

Son of Nomad

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2018, 08:04 PM »
Of course we can continue to debate these topics (what has being in public or otherwise got to do with it?) We don't need to insult each other. Our views are personal but we shouldn't feel that we can't air them.
I absolutely 100% agree but I've seen it happen twice on this forum - that's one reason why things are much quieter than they used to be so I don't want to go there. Now, if anyone wants to talk about the price of eggs ...........!

KENNETHO

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2018, 08:20 PM »
that  is   a cracking  subject ...

Kiwi

• ɐoɹɐǝʇo∀ ɯoɹɟ ɐɹO ɐᴉʞ
    • View Profile
    • Central Hawkes Bay NZ
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2018, 12:02 AM »
Free Range, Barn or Cage ??  ;)

Too shy

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2018, 08:57 PM »
I absolutely 100% agree but I've seen it happen twice on this forum - that's one reason why things are much quieter than they used to be so I don't want to go there. Now, if anyone wants to talk about the price of eggs ...........!

Why are you frightened of politics, royalty and religion, SON? We all have a view, don't we?

Fudge

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2018, 11:25 AM »
Yes we all have our own views but in the past they have got very nasty and personal on some occasions Martin as removed posts So remember we need to be understanding to everyone on this site Fudge