Author Topic: Guide Bridge Mill  (Read 880 times)

KENNETHO

• View Profile
Re: Guide Bridge Mill
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2018, 05:52 AM »
we  had a close  friend that was in the bomber  command  as a rear gunner but poor guy never  got back from the dam buster raids. he just lived a few doors from us in hope  st.  my 2 brothers and i played football or cricket with him  on the street or cedar  park almost  daily he was just like a brother  to us.                                                                                   

greeny

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2018, 11:23 AM »
hi joyce in canada its that time of the year again ,have a happy birthday 21 again enjoy the day  :D best wishes greeny x

Joyce_in_Canada

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2018, 12:36 PM »
Thank you so very much, Greeny, for remembering!!   It's still only 7:30a.m. here and already it looks as though it's going to be another lovely sunny day, as it usually is on Jully 11th.    I'm so very thankful for my reasonably good health at this old age, and just got my car plate sticker renewed for two more years, so here's hoping it wasn't a waste of good money!   ;) ;)   I have my niece and her husband visiting for today, with another niece from Edmonton, and they're taking me out for a lovely dinner.   Then they're going home (long distance).    It should be another great and happy day for me.   :) Joyce

Kiwi

• ɐoɹɐǝʇo∀ ɯoɹɟ ɐɹO ɐᴉʞ
    • View Profile
    • Central Hawkes Bay NZ
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2018, 02:21 AM »
A belated many happy returns  :)
I'm convinced 90% of the software on my computer doesn't do anything except send me notifications that there's a new version of itself.

Son of Nomad

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2018, 10:15 AM »
Well done Joyce and “Many Happy Returns" from Son of Nomad. I’m reminded of the old BBC radio programme ‘Have A Go’ with Wilfred Pickles (anyone else remember that?). Whenever the programme visited a town where there was someone of good age, he would always ask them for their secret of a long life. They often said something like “A tot of whisky every day”. I don’t know what your secret might be Joyce but being an Ashtonian must have helped – my theory anyway!

Joyce_in_Canada

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2018, 02:29 PM »
Hi Kiwi, and to Son of Nomad!  Thank you so much for your nice birthday wishes!  I had a great day.   Funny you should mention the secret of longevity though SON - when the eye Doctor. (doing my cataract surgery this last Feb) asked me what I thought was the reason for my longevity and still looking so good (his words not mine!).....I just blurted out..."well, of course, being born in Ashton in the U.K.!!!!!"  He hadn't a clue where Ashton is, but he said he wished he could find some of whatever that was and use it for himself!  True story - I kid you not!!!    ;) ;) ;)  Joyce

KENNETHO

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2018, 02:52 AM »
happy  birthday  Joyce a little bit  late but  all the best it"s  just  a number anyway  cheers

Fudge

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2018, 11:17 AM »
Hope you had a great Birthday Fudge