Author Topic: Christmas 2017  (Read 1030 times)

Fudge

• View Profile
Christmas 2017
« on: December 21, 2017, 11:27 AM »
Hope all my friends Have a very special Christmas and thank you to Martin for keeping the site running  Fudge

Son of Nomad

• View Profile
Re: Christmas 2017
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2017, 01:32 PM »
Yes Fudge, best wishes to Ashtonians past and present. I'm looking out of my windows at a very dreary weather scene right now and it's predicted to be more of the same over the Christmas period. Hooray!

Kiwi

• ɐoɹɐǝʇo∀ ɯoɹɟ ɐɹO ɐᴉʞ
    • View Profile
    • Central Hawkes Bay NZ
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2017, 09:44 PM »
I'd like to wish members past and present (and their families) all the best for the Xmassy, Stressmass Chrimbo thing along with a safe secure healthy and rewarding Noo Year. Mrs Kiwi and I are looking forwards to a few days off without having to tote the phones around or be on call 24/7 so we'll be switching the cell phones off, turning off the computer and I think I'll just let the battery go flat on the Tablet  ;) . Hopefully we will be able to wind things down work-wise in the next few months and start getting some quality time back in our lives coz believe me when I tell ya "Life's too flippin short". Havvagoodun   :) :) :) :) 8)
I'm convinced 90% of the software on my computer doesn't do anything except send me notifications that there's a new version of itself.

KENNETHO

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2017, 11:54 PM »
wish you  all a merry christmas and a happy peacefull new year left  wasaga beach and the snow  and here we are in victoria  b c with  snow  cheers

greeny

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2017, 10:57 AM »
hi all have a very merry christmas and a great new year , hope every one is well and for those that have not posted  for a while it would be good to hear from them ,peace to you all greeny  :) :D ;D and a big thank you to martin keep up the good work   :) :D ;D

jaywit

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2017, 04:36 PM »
 aAl have a very merry Christmas and a great new year , hope every one is well and for those that have not posted  for a while it would be good to hear from them ,peace to you all.

Lucky lucky!!
We had 10 cms.snow over night in Mississauga.

KENNETHO

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2017, 08:04 PM »
a real  big  thankyou to martin3  cheers

ourjud1

• wherever I live ashton will always be home
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2017, 12:50 PM »
Merry Xmas everyone and all the best for the New year
                          ourjud1
up the boro

Joyce_in_Canada

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2017, 01:05 PM »
Merry Christmas to everyone, with good health, and may you all have a wonderful and Happy New Year.  I certainly hope all your wishes were granted for this very special day, and that you were able to be with loved ones.
This morning we have another load of new snow - I think about four inches overnight, so hope it won't cause too many problems for those who have to travel.    Again....MERRY CHRISTMAS, EVERYONE!!

jaywit

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2017, 08:42 PM »
Kieran Quinn died on Christmas Day having suffered a heart attack. He was taken ill while he was delivering Christmas cards.
Comments.?

Kiwi

• ɐoɹɐǝʇo∀ ɯoɹɟ ɐɹO ɐᴉʞ
    • View Profile
    • Central Hawkes Bay NZ
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2018, 01:28 AM »
Comments.?

Didn't know the guy but apparently he used to live not far from where I spent my childhood, it's a bit of a strange one for me because over the years a lot of family and close friends have dropped off the perch around this time of year. My old man popped his clogs Jan 2nd 48 years ago, my sis-in-law kicked the bucket around Chrimbo a couple of years ago and a good few close friends have decided to snuff it around this time and put a real dampener on the festive spirit. I flew over to see my Mum last Xmas thinking she was on her last legs but she decided to bin the chemo which was killing her and she's still with us, wish she'd told me before I bought the tickets  :'( Only kidding  ;)
I'm convinced 90% of the software on my computer doesn't do anything except send me notifications that there's a new version of itself.

jaywit

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2018, 05:03 PM »
ditto with that Kiwi.
3 years ago we were in UK to attend a funeral,at this time.
In the end it we went to three ,all family!!!!