Author Topic: RADIO or TV  (Read 161 times)

greeny

• View Profile
RADIO or TV
« on: October 04, 2017, 01:51 PM »
Hi do you spend the time listening to radio or watching TV I was brought up on radio so I do listen to radio when I am i n during the day l remember what I use to listen to the archers ,desert island disc, workers play time ,mothers hour ,family favourites,and forces favourite's, billy cottons band show,what use to be your favourite .😊

LCGI

• View Profile
Re: RADIO or TV
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2017, 03:47 PM »
Hi Greeny, yes you touched a nerve in me with this post...... I remember all of those radio shows you mentioned..... remember the Billie Cotton catch cry of "Wakie Wakie" LOL

Thanks for the rekindled memory....

Kiwi

• ɐoɹɐǝʇo∀ ɯoɹɟ ɐɹO ɐᴉʞ
    • View Profile
    • Central Hawkes Bay NZ
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2017, 03:00 AM »
Don't watch much telly apart from the pre-recorded news and what I stream from YouTube and some other sites which will remain nameless  ;) At work  I usually listen to Bay FM who play a real eclectic mix, at home if we're not listening to a CD or liquorice pizza I'm  forced to listen to Magic FM who play lots boring 50's to 70's stuff  :(

Radio:
Pick of the Pops with David Jacobs and later Alan Freeman.
Radio Luxembourg on a beaten up transistor under my pillow.
Radio Caroline.

Telly:
Blue Peter.
Crackerjack.
Thunderbirds.
Captain Scarlett.
Fireball XL5.
Top of the Pops.
Benny Hill Show.
Monty Python.
Dave Allen at Large.
You do not need a parachute to skydive. You only need a parachute to skydive twice.

greeny

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2017, 10:31 AM »
hi kiwi use to watch all them crackerjack what memories ,here some radio rekindled LCGI have a go joe wilfred pickles  you won a jar of pickled onions lol , mrs dale diaries ,and the shipping forecast , and tv super car , torchie the battery boy , and ivanhoe , william tell , robin hood  :D

Fudge

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2017, 10:59 AM »
Torchy the Battery Boy

Four Feather Falls

Champions

Also watched 
                           Fudge

Too shy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2017, 11:37 PM »
Look no further than

www.whirligig-tv.co.uk

You'll find them all on there, both old TV and old radio. My favourite? The Jennings radio series , as soon as I hear "The Old Clockmaker," I'm taken back to about 1952-53 and I'm back down Memory Lane. Give it a try. If you can't find what you're looking for on the front page, just go up to the enquiries box up at the top. Happy listening and watching.

greeny

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2017, 10:36 AM »
hi for a while radio ruled then came tv which ruled and radio is fighting back, but i have memories of the radio and tv in its  early years , but tv was not on all day and just two channels love the test card and the dot was even better lol :) great web site too shy its got all the radio and tv from the early days  :)

jaywit

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2017, 01:49 PM »
RADIO Wandering with Nomad. 5 o'clock Children's Hour.Dick Barton. Sunday night, Paul Temple.Forces Favorits.
TELE.Amos and Andy,6'5' Special,It's a Knockout.Not to sure but Songs of Prays comes to mind. A Welsh programe??    Jimmy Shand   etc. etc.

Too shy

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2017, 08:03 PM »
RADIO Wandering with Nomad. 5 o'clock Children's Hour.Dick Barton. Sunday night, Paul Temple.Forces Favorits.
TELE.Amos and Andy,6'5' Special,It's a Knockout.Not to sure but Songs of Prays comes to mind. A Welsh programe??    Jimmy Shand   etc. etc.

Wasn't "Nomad" an authentic gypsy in real life and wasn't his dog, "Mac?"

I think we're going back to about 1950 - 1954 or thereabouts.