Author Topic: RADIO or TV  (Read 2321 times)

greeny

• View Profile
RADIO or TV
« on: October 04, 2017, 01:51 PM »
Hi do you spend the time listening to radio or watching TV I was brought up on radio so I do listen to radio when I am i n during the day l remember what I use to listen to the archers ,desert island disc, workers play time ,mothers hour ,family favourites,and forces favourite's, billy cottons band show,what use to be your favourite .😊

LCGI

• View Profile
Re: RADIO or TV
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2017, 03:47 PM »
Hi Greeny, yes you touched a nerve in me with this post...... I remember all of those radio shows you mentioned..... remember the Billie Cotton catch cry of "Wakie Wakie" LOL

Thanks for the rekindled memory....

Kiwi

• ɐoɹɐǝʇo∀ ɯoɹɟ ɐɹO ɐᴉʞ
    • View Profile
    • Central Hawkes Bay NZ
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2017, 03:00 AM »
Don't watch much telly apart from the pre-recorded news and what I stream from YouTube and some other sites which will remain nameless  ;) At work  I usually listen to Bay FM who play a real eclectic mix, at home if we're not listening to a CD or liquorice pizza I'm  forced to listen to Magic FM who play lots boring 50's to 70's stuff  :(

Radio:
Pick of the Pops with David Jacobs and later Alan Freeman.
Radio Luxembourg on a beaten up transistor under my pillow.
Radio Caroline.

Telly:
Blue Peter.
Crackerjack.
Thunderbirds.
Captain Scarlett.
Fireball XL5.
Top of the Pops.
Benny Hill Show.
Monty Python.
Dave Allen at Large.
My pet hate is passing. When my time comes, Iím going to die, Iím refuse to ďpassĒ. I want people to say Iím dead. Brown ******* bread. Any ****** that says I passed, Iíll haunt.

greeny

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2017, 10:31 AM »
hi kiwi use to watch all them crackerjack what memories ,here some radio rekindled LCGI have a go joe wilfred pickles  you won a jar of pickled onions lol , mrs dale diaries ,and the shipping forecast , and tv super car , torchie the battery boy , and ivanhoe , william tell , robin hood  :D

Fudge

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2017, 10:59 AM »
Torchy the Battery Boy

Four Feather Falls

Champions

Also watched 
                           Fudge

Too shy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2017, 11:37 PM »
Look no further than

www.whirligig-tv.co.uk

You'll find them all on there, both old TV and old radio. My favourite? The Jennings radio series , as soon as I hear "The Old Clockmaker," I'm taken back to about 1952-53 and I'm back down Memory Lane. Give it a try. If you can't find what you're looking for on the front page, just go up to the enquiries box up at the top. Happy listening and watching.

greeny

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2017, 10:36 AM »
hi for a while radio ruled then came tv which ruled and radio is fighting back, but i have memories of the radio and tv in its  early years , but tv was not on all day and just two channels love the test card and the dot was even better lol :) great web site too shy its got all the radio and tv from the early days  :)

jaywit

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2017, 01:49 PM »
RADIO Wandering with Nomad. 5 o'clock Children's Hour.Dick Barton. Sunday night, Paul Temple.Forces Favorits.
TELE.Amos and Andy,6'5' Special,It's a Knockout.Not to sure but Songs of Prays comes to mind. A Welsh programe??    Jimmy Shand   etc. etc.

Too shy

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2017, 08:03 PM »
RADIO Wandering with Nomad. 5 o'clock Children's Hour.Dick Barton. Sunday night, Paul Temple.Forces Favorits.
TELE.Amos and Andy,6'5' Special,It's a Knockout.Not to sure but Songs of Prays comes to mind. A Welsh programe??    Jimmy Shand   etc. etc.

Wasn't "Nomad" an authentic gypsy in real life and wasn't his dog, "Mac?"

I think we're going back to about 1950 - 1954 or thereabouts.

KENNETHO

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2018, 02:32 PM »
there was a radio program  before the war but i cant recall the name it was a watchman sitting beside a fire  outside telling stories  can anyone  remember that  was he called  sid???

Son of Nomad

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2018, 02:33 PM »
You might find the answer on this nostalgia site KENNETHO.

http://www.whirligig-tv.co.uk/