Author Topic: Parish Church  (Read 621 times)

Fudge

• View Profile
Parish Church
« on: May 10, 2017, 10:22 AM »
I Went to a History Forum meeting yesterday and some one was saying that the Parish Church could be closing its doors soon due to only a handbill of people attending It is such a shame that a Church like that is having to close the building as been there since the 12th Century and  was built were another Church stood this is a sign of times now. Fudge

Kiwi

• ɐoɹɐǝʇo∀ ɯoɹɟ ɐɹO ɐᴉʞ
    • View Profile
    • Central Hawkes Bay NZ
Re: Parish Church
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2017, 05:06 AM »
Very sad news, I'm not a religious person but still feel it's a shame to see these magnificent buildings fall on hard times, the Church itself is rich in assets but not as financial as it used to be.
You do not need a parachute to skydive. You only need a parachute to skydive twice.

Nan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2017, 01:48 PM »
So sorry to hear this news. The Parish Church has been a  reminder of Ashton for many people over the years, and though I have not been a regular church goer for many years, I think it's such a shame to lose something that has been a part of Ashton for so long.

LCGI

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2017, 06:02 PM »
Amen.....

Fudge

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2017, 08:05 PM »
I agree It is such a shame that a spot that goes back to the Doomsday and as now facing closure very sad Fudge

greeny

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2017, 10:26 PM »
Hi it will be a shame if closes down how will it become boarded window and doors then lead off the roof will go even the windows will go ,so sad for s church with so much history and a part of our past