Author Topic: Christmas 2016  (Read 87746 times)

Too shy

• View Profile
Re: Christmas 2016
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2016, 07:29 PM »
I think your "daily jottings" were quite entertaining, Jatwit. Can you do some more for us some time, please.

jaywit

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2016, 10:50 PM »
I'm not to sure you should encourage me.
It has been known for Martin to "banish"(aka .slap hands and face) myself and Bill for a few months.

Joyce_in_Canada

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2016, 01:04 AM »
Hello Everyone.....I do hope you've all had a lovely and Very Merry Christmas, and that Santa was good to you!!   ;D

I'm sorry I haven't been posting on here too much lately - as you said Jaywit, between London's heavy snow, freezing rain, then more heavy snow this last while with some very freezing temperatures, on top of which I had a very nasty dose of what was, through X-Rays, etc., diagnosed as "Walking Pneumonia"!!  A session of antibiotics seemed to clear up the main infection of my lungs (never had that before in my life, which I know is extremely fortunate, but not nice no matter how you look at it - especially as Jaywit said - when one is getting a bit long in the tooth!) :D :D!  Anyway, it's left me feeling rather weak with hardly any energy and I haven't been out except twice in the last couple of months except for food, and banks to make sure the Government paid me, and sitting for lengthy periods or at my computer is very bad for my leg muscles. Too much sweet stuff and chocolates aren't all that good for one either!   :o :o

Anyway, I've just heard tonight's forecast is for lots of snow in squalls from Lake Huron tonight through tomorrow, and so it looks like more reading, and hoping I can get my computer back to somewhat normal condition, which has been acting up incredibly for the last month or so.  That's certainly a "bah humbug" situation with my very limited technical knowledge.   Guess I'll just have to contact the experts at Rogers to see why I can't connect to my local area Server for my Outlook Express!

However, I'm hoping for much improvement all around in times to come and I certainly wish all of you great friends on this Forum - including you, of course, Martin - a VERY HAPPY, PROSPEROUS AND HEALTHY NEW YEAR!!!    and I'll be back posting whenever I can in the days to come!
  Joyce

KENNETHO

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2016, 04:57 AM »
hope  you  soon  shake  it  off joyce we had a  nice  christmas  except  for  one  of our  grandsons  passing  around  his  soar  throat to  most  of  us i was  up  one  night  every  hour  coughing sneezing  and  achingi lost a nights  sleep but i fell  asleep  on my  recliner for  most  of  the  next  day it  realy  takes  it  out  of  you  as we  get  older and  i  am  pushing  up  the  years  now  all  the  best  everybody   cheers  kennetho

Fudge

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2016, 11:25 AM »
Sorry to hear you have been ill Joyce. I have never felt the cold as I have the last 2 years heating on wrap around and hot water bottle to keep me warm. I use to be so warm at one time. Keep trying to avoid the seasonal bugs that go round. All the best for the New Year hope it is a Healthy one Fudge

jaywit

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2016, 03:07 PM »
It sounds exactly the same as me,except mine came from the better half.
At the quacks last night for a follow up on the antibiotics,I'm pretty much clear but  the better half not quite so.
It seems she worked in an Opticians on George St. (Whilst talking to my wife it seems I was wrong with George St.It should be Old St).
who happened to be a chain smoker.
Second hand is just as bad as First