Author Topic: Council Offices are now gone  (Read 28716 times)

Vanessa

• View Profile
Council Offices are now gone
« on: July 05, 2016, 10:31 PM »
My video I took today, the council offices are now a pile of rubble

https://youtu.be/Shj2Bo7Vt4w

Kiwi

• ɐoɹɐǝʇo∀ ɯoɹɟ ɐɹO ɐᴉʞ
    • View Profile
    • Central Hawkes Bay NZ
Re: Council Offices are now gone
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2016, 11:49 PM »
Nice video  :) That building wasn't all that old was it ?. Seems odd that the old baths lay derelict for years but the council has plenty of brass to throw at its own empire.
"We don't want blood all over the lawn and the hounds are fagged out from yesterdays Jehovah's witnesses"

Vanessa

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2016, 12:23 AM »
It should never have been built, it cost a fortune to run and it was cheaper to demolish and rebuild than to keep it, it needed a lot of money spending on it in repairs. The new buildings will be cost effective. Only a small part will be used by the council, the rest will be college buildings, retail outlets and library. The whole town is glad to see the back of this place, it was a monstrosity. The old baths were sold when they closed, the owner let it become derelict but it is now back in council ownership.

Kiwi

• ɐoɹɐǝʇo∀ ɯoɹɟ ɐɹO ɐᴉʞ
    • View Profile
    • Central Hawkes Bay NZ
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2016, 05:15 AM »
Thanks for clearing that up, I thought the council had owned the old baths, didn't realise they had sold them. The council here is spending up large as well but just on a refurbishment, bit of paint and fitting heat pumps  ;)
"We don't want blood all over the lawn and the hounds are fagged out from yesterdays Jehovah's witnesses"

Fudge

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2016, 10:59 AM »
They had not spent any money on the council building and would have cost millions to put it right. It had also become Obsolete due to technology moving on so fast. The new building will have desks and computer points and they will be on a first come first served so there won't be many offices in the new built. Thank you Vanessa for the video hope you manage to get another one when all is cleared Fudge

Albert

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2016, 08:25 PM »
When the new offices are open sounds very up to date with desks and computer points what did they have before.Going back years the ground floor at Duky town hall was full of computers.Both Hyde and Dukinfield town halls have had millions spent on them,Duky had the registrar and the police post before the work started and very little else in office staff. Hyde was the same until they moved the library and the MP office. What is the cost to the to the council with out the grants ect  or will it be rented like some of the schools

Too shy

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2016, 11:10 PM »
My video I took today, the council offices are now a pile of rubble

https://youtu.be/Shj2Bo7Vt4w

It's unfortunate that you inadvertently caught Councillor John Taylor studying form in the Racing Post, Vanessa. Never mind, that 10 winning bet he had in the 3-30 at Chepstow will have kept him in fags for a week.

Vanessa

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2016, 12:27 AM »
John happens to be a very good friend of mine, so I don't find your comment amusing.

greeny

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2016, 11:27 AM »
hi great video vanessa it brought lots of memory back seeing the back of the old town hall i think the r s p c a had a building at the rear the street leading onto warrington street where  boardmans off licence a toffee shop and taylors electrical shop  then the water board great memories  :)

daftjack

• POWER TO THE PEOPLE....KEEP THE NET FREE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2016, 04:01 PM »
Hi All,

I see that the council office's are now a pile of rubble, just like the Labour party, the Tory party and the England football team.

I also notice Too Shy that Vanessa is her usual 'amusing' self. A sense of humour costs nothing, ask Tony Blair, he will need one soon enough.

from the salt mines.

Just a thought..........

Daftjack.

Too shy

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2016, 05:46 PM »
John happens to be a very good friend of mine, so I don't find your comment amusing.

I've chatted to John Taylor on a number of occasions, Vanessa, and found him to have a good sense of humour. I rather think he would see the funny side of what I had written.

Vanessa

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2016, 05:54 PM »
He probably would find it amusing, unfortunately a group of people have been really having a go at him, as a friend I find them very disturbing, I didn't mean to tar you with the same brush, sorry. As for daftjacks remark, he doesn't know what a sense of humour is, he takes great pleasure in having a dig at me, so while he is around I shall depart, I have enough grief in my life without him having a go too.

jaywit

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2016, 01:52 PM »
Working in the salt mines can have a pronounced effect on ones perception of the political goings on in Britain at this moment in time.
one would have to be wearing blinkers and earmuffs not to concur with DJ's comment.

just a thought!!!

Vanessa

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2016, 07:45 PM »
I wasn't talking about his political comment, I was talking about his comment about me.