Author Topic: What has happened to this wonderful forum.  (Read 4529 times)

margaret makinson

• View Profile
What has happened to this wonderful forum.
« on: May 07, 2016, 10:35 PM »
I have not had a computer for three years or more when my son left and took computer with him.  In 2012 there used to be such a lot of chat going on.  Now I have a computer there does not seem to be much going on.  Come on Ashton we must have more to chat about.  What happened to The Birdcage.  What happened to Smokies at Bardsley.  Who remembers Mossley Road School for girls.  Who remembers Wa terloo Christ Church School Youth Club. Is anyone there still alive. I am 70 next and I love my memories of my friends in Waterloo.  Gail Parker was my best friend but she  moved to Australia and then there was Josie Gorman, Margaret Gorman.  I live in Yorkshire now but still visit my parents grave in Dukinfield Cemetry as often as I can.  Let me know if you know me  Margaret Broughton   

Fudge

• View Profile
Re: What has happened to this wonderful forum.
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2016, 10:29 AM »
Hi Glad to see you back.. Lots of the people that use to be on this site have moved to Facebook Ashton Now and Then. There is a few of us who still come on but it is not as active now Fudge

Kiwi

• ɐoɹɐǝʇo∀ ɯoɹɟ ɐɹO ɐᴉʞ
    • View Profile
    • Central Hawkes Bay NZ
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2016, 03:59 AM »
Hi Margaret, most of the topics you mention have been covered but feel free to start another thread if you wish, like most people interests change over time, kids, grandkids and even great grandkids take up spare time, I don't fit any of those categories but my job places different demands on my time so I don't get as much time to come out and play as I once did, rest assured this is still a wonderful forum and you'd be amazed how many 'hits' it still attracts  ;)
My pet hate is passing. When my time comes, Iím going to die, Iím refuse to ďpassĒ. I want people to say Iím dead. Brown ******* bread. Any ****** that says I passed, Iíll haunt.

greeny

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2016, 09:44 AM »
hi margaret nice to see you back , i have stayed with  ashton forum how would i miss the jokes pictures and gossip ,  :)

Son of Nomad

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2016, 10:33 AM »
Margaret - as I see it there are no 'younger' Ashtonians joining it the conversations -  either they are not aware of this forum or are using Facebook to post comments and photos. Some of the regular posters you remember on here don't post as often now, have passed away or in a couple of cases, 'thrown a wobbler' and left. I do think it's important to use the forum as often as possible - it would be a great pity to lose it

Vanessa

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2016, 11:41 PM »
I stop posting when I found that only one person ever commented on what ever I posted, so there seemed little point in it, I recommenced posting after Fudge asked me to do so as she doesn't follow me on Facebook, something I am happy to do.

Bardsleycrow

• Me with a well-known statesman!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2016, 05:28 AM »
Hello Margret.We are still around Sonia and myself at the young age of 80.Wendy is 56.Its so good to see you on the page again.I still play golf twice a week and walk the 18 holes,Sonia has problems with her knees and back,still she walks with the help of a walking stick.Lot's of love Kevin& Sonia xxxxxxx           

Fudge

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2016, 11:16 AM »
I don't always comment on posts but love reading them,looking at photo's, Love Vanessa Video's as I cant get about Ashton now and I love to see what is going on The Jokes have me laugting to myself but I go on the site every day to catch up so please keep posting Fudge