Author Topic: The Flying Scotsman  (Read 9709 times)

Martin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • www.ashton-under-lyne.com
The Flying Scotsman
« on: June 14, 2016, 08:05 PM »
The Flying Scotsman has passed through Ashton twice in the last seven days. Both times it went along the line through the site of Park Parade Station and through Guide Bridge, before turning off to Denton and Stockport. This meant that it did not come through Charlestown Station.

I managed to snap it as it passed through Mossley. Sadly it is going downhill and not making much in the way of steam as it would have done if it had been going the other way.

Martin

Son of Nomad

• View Profile
Re: The Flying Scotsman
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2016, 05:29 PM »
Nice picture Martin - I hadn't picked up on those movements on the 'bush telegraph'. I'm still waiting for it to come along the West Coast main line but North West England doesn't seem to be on its schedule at present. Got several of photos of it in the 1970s though.

Fudge

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2016, 06:02 PM »
Great Photo Thats what Trains are all about Fudge

Kiwi

• ɐoɹɐǝʇo∀ ɯoɹɟ ɐɹO ɐᴉʞ
    • View Profile
    • Central Hawkes Bay NZ
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2016, 04:38 AM »
Can't see the photo at my end ?, must be something to do with this puta's settings coz it won't let me see stuff on other forums as well  :o
You do not need a parachute to skydive. You only need a parachute to skydive twice.

greeny

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2016, 10:38 AM »
hi martin great photo of the flying scotsman, a proper train  :)

Kiwi

• ɐoɹɐǝʇo∀ ɯoɹɟ ɐɹO ɐᴉʞ
    • View Profile
    • Central Hawkes Bay NZ
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2016, 10:27 PM »
Sorted, refreshed Firefox and can see the photo, have seen the engine several times in the flesh, it's a great piece of Great British engineering  ;)
You do not need a parachute to skydive. You only need a parachute to skydive twice.