Author Topic: football in France  (Read 8715 times)

Fudge

• View Profile
football in France
« on: June 12, 2016, 11:07 AM »
What is up with the British fans in France kicking of big time I feel sorry for the fans who are not causing trouble but will be classed the same. Anyone in street gangs should be returned on block ASAP Fudge

Too shy

• View Profile
Re: football in France
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2016, 10:28 PM »
I think you have to try and picture what it must be like to be there, Fudge. The bulk of the England supporters will be your average bloke off the terraces (and some blokesses, I wouldn't doubt). A lot of these will be small groups of mates (2/3/4/5) who regularly watch football together back in the UK (eg Notts County, Leyton Orient, Stockport County, Torquay United etc). These aren't the "big time Charlie" clubs - they're just your average footie fans. They'll enjoy a beer, some foreign food and a bit of sun. They won't be there looking for trouble but they aren't just going to stand there if/when the locals gang up on them as happened yesterday and the night before. There was even a report last night of at least fifty foreign fans (supposedly Russian) turning up as an organised group (bedecked from head to toe in black and including balaclavas) which then proceeded to wade into the unsuspecting England fans and dished out plenty of agression. Add to that the fact that the French police have been heavy-handed when containment would have been the better option.

Yes, there are some louts who support England abroad but the majority aren't. Throw bottles and chairs at football fans and you can probably guarantee you'll get the same by return.

We try to control who can go abroad to watch England and we even send police over to monitor the proceedings and to try to identify known troublemakers - you can put money on it that the Russians won't have a similar scheme.

Fudge

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2016, 11:09 AM »
I know the Russian fans started trouble at the match and its is not all the supporters that cause trouble but everyone gets classed the same Fudge

greeny

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2016, 11:47 AM »
hi i think the french police have enough to contend with , then a few football fans bent on causing trouble , anyone with the intent on trouble round them up and send them home to there own countries . its a game of football they are supporting ,not tribal war going into battle i would love to see england win but i think portugul have got every chance of winning   8)

Too shy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2016, 08:31 PM »
hi i think the french police have enough to contend with , then a few football fans bent on causing trouble , anyone with the intent on trouble round them up and send them home to there own countries . its a game of football they are supporting ,not tribal war going into battle i would love to see england win but i think portugul have got every chance of winning   8)

Look at this evening's news, Greeny. There's ample evidence that the Russians are at the core of all this aggravation. Many of them are military trained and sporting knuckle dusters and with weapons concealed in their bum bags. Wearing gum shields, they are obviously well prepared for the fun.

greeny

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2016, 10:40 AM »
hi yes too shy what makes it worse the russians trouble causers have got the backing of there government send them back  >:(

greeny

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2016, 12:50 PM »
hi well thats the football for another few weeks,i bet you france were sick as dogs this morning after there shock defeat against pourtugul, i hope the the pourtugise magic rubs off on manchester united next season with the special one , ;D