Author Topic: Friend  (Read 4340 times)

Parbuster

• View Profile
Friend
« on: March 26, 2016, 08:14 PM »
Has anyone any information about Joyce Dawson,lived in Canada,I have emailed her several times but no reply.She was a mine of information about Ashton and Openshaw ,a wonderful writer and source of info.I hope she is OK.

Fudge

• View Profile
Re: Friend
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2016, 10:18 AM »
Hi  The last message I had was on the 11th of feb but some times it as been a few weeks before she as left a message have you tried sending a private message Fudge

jaywit

• View Profile
joyce
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2016, 01:54 PM »
If Joyce Dawson is Joyce in Canada, I don't know her surname
It's a long weekend here and she seems to visit close friends not too often.Weather permitting.
the last couple of weeks have been mixed.Spring,Summer and winter in a short span.
Yesterday was the first chance to get out for a few days.New car covered with 2 cms of hard ice.(courtesy of a Colorado Low Ice Storm)I normally take a big brush to break the stuff but as the car is only 4 days old I felt a bit reluctant to give it the brush.
The 19 year old Subaru Outback doesn't seem to complain.

Joyce_in_Canada

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2016, 03:26 PM »
Has anyone any information about Joyce Dawson,lived in Canada,I have emailed her several times but no reply.She was a mine of information about Ashton and Openshaw ,a wonderful writer and source of info.I hope she is OK.

Hello Parbuster!   Happy Easter Sunday to you and everyone else on Ashton!!   
I'm still around even if getting pretty old now, and haven't been on here for a little while lately because I hurt my lower back muscles a couple of weeks ago (just bending over to pick up something off the floor) and could barely move, but am now recuperating nicely, thank you very much, with the wonderful help of a great massage therapy lady,  and today is a lovely and sunny morning for me.! 

I see you mention that you've emailed me several times, but I think perhaps you must have my wrong address as I've never received anything from anyone with the name "Parbuster".    Not even sure if you're male or female.  Perhaps you could send me a personal message (via Joyce in Canada), then I can perhaps be in touch with you.    I have indeed written loads of stuff on here in the past several years about Ashton in the old days and Lower and Higher Openshaw when I lived there some 70 and 80 years ago (good heavens, is it that long ago?)   :o 
I am indeed very curious as to who you might be though, and will look forward to hearing more about you.   
A great and happy day to you and all my other friends on this wonderful Ashton forum.....Joyce  ;D ;D

greeny

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2016, 03:59 PM »
hi joyce glad to hear you are on the mend ,have a happy easter we love your stories kind regards greeny

KENNETHO

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2016, 05:10 PM »
hi joyce sorry to hear you hurt your back bending to pick up something was you collecting your easter eggs??  cheers get well and enjoy the sunshine that's on its way... kennetho

Joyce_in_Canada

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2016, 05:17 PM »
Thank you for your good wishes Greeny and KennethO......I'm very happy to say that with the terrific help of my therapist who comes to my house for my treatments, I'm well on my way to being mobile again.   It was terrifying and extremely painful at the time, but I guess I'm one of those tough old things who just keep going and going.....so I'm very, very thankful for my blessings.

We still have a lovely sunny day here for a change, and that makes Easter Sunday all the more happy.
Take care everyone, and I'll be here again soon - just can't sit for very long periods of time at the moment. 
Joyce   ;D ;D

Meg

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2016, 02:35 PM »
Happy Easter, Joyce. Glad to hear you are recovering from back injury. Nothing quite so painful.
"Minds are like parachutes, they only function when open"  Thomas Dewar

Joyce_in_Canada

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2016, 11:12 PM »
Hi Meg - Thank you so much for your good wishes and concern about my injury, and I'm very happy to say I think all will be well again once this crazy "spring" weather gets a bit more stable.   The cold, rainy, snowy and windy weather seems to play a very large part in my aches and pains and I can't wait for the frosts and cold winds to depart..   Hope you and all your family are well too.   ;D

KENNETHO

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2016, 02:26 PM »
it looks like we are going to get more rain this week so hang in there joyce we are in the age of the rust.. cheers kennetho

Fudge

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2016, 10:21 AM »
I agree you get a few nice days followed by downpours I am using the oiling can to stop the rust on me Ha ha Fudge

KENNETHO

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2016, 08:57 PM »
I use to live next door to a man in his lateeighties and he used to rub his knees with   w.d.40 that would be around  1990 when I lived at wassago  beach.. he said it helped but I don't know where he got the idea from im sure it wasn't the doctor..i guess tranger things can happen.. to each his own..  cheers kennetho