Author Topic: In, Out, Shake It All About?  (Read 97151 times)

jaywit

• View Profile
Re: In, Out, Shake It All About?
« Reply #30 on: June 15, 2016, 02:54 PM »
two world wars were fought to preserve freedom.
Adolf couldn't have picked a better line up of the muppets in Brussels as most were part and parcel of his entourage.
https://youtu.be/7Nf5KeC4dAs

greeny

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2016, 10:25 AM »
hi independent day  what next   :)

Fudge

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2016, 10:46 AM »
What a wonderful day the people have spoken Out out out We can now slowly start to rebuild our country spend our own money on the things that are needed and make our own laws without being told we can't do this or that I also hope the Fishermen will get a better deal now Only time will tell Fudge

Son of Nomad

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 24, 2016, 12:54 PM »
I must say when I turned on the tv this morning and saw the result I was very surprised (though not particularly disappointed) because I felt all along the 'Remain' camp would win. They are predicting we can now look forward to fire, flood and a plague of rats as punishment. I think the EU and our government has brought this result on themselves by consistently ignoring the concerns of the ordinary man and woman in the street - the EU particularly because of their resistance to much needed radical change. Is it the end of the world as we know it? I'm building as ark just in case.

Fudge

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 24, 2016, 02:22 PM »
It is going to take time but I think there will be more exits as quite a few have said if there countries have a change of leadership the will also have a leave vote Switzaland have said no way are they joining so we will have to see what transpires now Fudge

Vanessa

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 24, 2016, 08:39 PM »
Scotland are talking about another referendum to leave the UK, after all they did vote to stay in the EU, there's also a possibility that Northern Ireland will do the same as they also voted to stay. I voted to stay, so I'm very disappointed, I now worry about the workers rights that were protected by the EU and the loss of EU grants that were awarded to poorer areas and the north, areas that the government will never invest in, our beloved Theatre now has no chance of a EU grant and if you think that there will be more investment in the NHS you are living in cloud cuckoo land. On top of that it looks like we are going to get Boris as PM, welcome to the wonderful world of the independent England, because it won't be a UK for long.

Fudge

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 25, 2016, 10:32 AM »

I saw some one from Ireland talking quite late on in the evening said it would not happen They will stay in the Uk This vote as caused more upset than any other I have know hope things settle down soon and we can go forward with a open mind and vision Fudge

greeny

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 25, 2016, 03:15 PM »
hi well glad to see we are still a democratic country ,just about , lets have a clean sweep get rid of all the mps and call a general election in  october let the party fight among themselves,to see who want what and who wants to remain an mp  then its up to joe public to decide who runs our country as it is split in half at the moment if scotland and irland pull out let england and wales decide what they want , i want   :) england to beat iceland and wales to win   ;)let the panic calm down and we shall see but it as changed the face of polotics for ever i hope the next time they rally for support they will be honest , or because i have never heard so many lies to get there point of view i am all for a independet ENGLAND  :)

Martin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • www.ashton-under-lyne.com
« Reply #38 on: June 25, 2016, 08:42 PM »
Yes, a wonderful day. In just one morning the equivalent of around 20 years of our payments to the EU was wiped off the economy - and that means things like pension funds, ISAs, etc taking a massive hit.
Nigel Farage has now admitted that the idea that 350 million a week could go to the NHS rather than the EU was "a mistake" and MEP Daniel Hannan has back-pedalled on the idea that leaving the EU would bring immigration down.
I wonder which side was telling lies? Both, probably. But, now that Leave has won, they realise they can't fulfil the untrue things they'd promised.
Search engine companies have reported that one of the most popular searches in the UK on the day after the referendum was "What is the EU?" Even the Daily Mail has stunned its readers by telling them the consequences of the Leave vote include more expensive holidays and petrol.
Martin

Bill

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 26, 2016, 10:34 AM »

Fudge

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 26, 2016, 11:11 AM »
I never believed what any of them were saying It was my gut feelings that told me out as I have said before I never wanted to go in. Got quite a few friends abroad and they are hopping to get a vote to come out as they aren't happy  every one as a right to there own opinions and it is very sad there is so much bitterness instead of trying now to make it a great place to live Fudge

Son of Nomad

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 26, 2016, 03:33 PM »
I agree with you Fudge. Really, the issues for and against were too complex and speculative for the 'ordinary' voter to understand fully. In the end people had to go with their gut feeling or their own agendas. It seems the majority of UK citizens don't like being told what to do by a group of powerful foreigners.
This result is a god send for Nicola Sturgeon - she obviously will not rest till she has got independence for Scotland and this gives her an unexpected second bite of the cherry. I don't think they should be allowed to have another because they already knew a referendum was on the way when they voted last time. I hope all this business doesn't lead to the break up of the UK - if it does, Cameron will get the blame but I salute him for giving the UK a democratic choice.

Fudge

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 27, 2016, 09:22 AM »
Yes just wish every one would pull together now Fudge

greeny

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 27, 2016, 10:53 AM »
hi it would be great if we could all pull together ,but some how i can not see this happen in the near future ,what with the labour party and the tories in turmoil the stock markets in panic ,but when we have a clean sweep in the government it then will calm and i believe we just might make it as a break away country ,and the members of parliament will have to answer to the electorate, with out all the crap we have heard in the referendum we want truth and how the they will run the country ,with out the big boys the money men , trying to tell the government how it should be run to line there own pockets ,  :(

jaywit

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 27, 2016, 02:14 PM »
Eurozone crisis
Business live
Greek referendum: No campaign storms to victory with 61.31% of the vote
 -
In the end they vote again to stay.Look at then now!
That is what happens with disobedience to the EU dictact
It ain't over till the fat lady sings.(not PC )but I can't think of another apt metaphor.