Author Topic: In, Out, Shake It All About?  (Read 97186 times)

Son of Nomad

• View Profile
In, Out, Shake It All About?
« on: February 23, 2016, 11:06 AM »
Is anyone else already heartily sick of the build–up to this referendum thingy? It is near impossible to escape debates about it on television and radio because the media bods love it as it gives them further opportunity to spout hot air. It seems to me that issues Cameron has been trumpeting as a success in his negotiations are far from clear to the man in the street and there is still much to be discussed and rejected by the EU. Of course he had gone out of his way to protect the big financial institutions that make megabucks for themselves but a deafening silence on directly stemming immigration which puts pressure on housing, the NHS and schools, thanks to the increasing birth rates. There is nothing on curbing the European Court of Justice’s directives over our own legal system. He really needs to spell out clearly what the ‘concessions’ gained mean for ordinary citizens and to stop telling us that leaving the EU will be the end of the world as we know it. Otherwise how are we to make an informed decision?

Fudge

• View Profile
Re: In, Out, Shake It All About?
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2016, 02:40 PM »
I never wanted to go in the E U anyway so no matter what scaremongering they do I will be voting To come out and I think in the long run we will be better of. They tried to scare us about the Euro but it as proved its the best thing we did not to join. And we will still be part of NATO so roll on June and get it over with Fudge

Kiwi

• ɐoɹɐǝʇo∀ ɯoɹɟ ɐɹO ɐᴉʞ
    • View Profile
    • Central Hawkes Bay NZ
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2016, 03:19 AM »
I voted yes to join the Common Market way back in 1970, what I thought was a beneficial trading bloc has mutated into the United States of Europe. If I could cast a vote it would be to get out and to tear up any agreements with Brussels and start down the road to making Britain "Great" again.
You do not need a parachute to skydive. You only need a parachute to skydive twice.

Too shy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2016, 10:10 AM »
Is anyone else already heartily sick of the build–up to this referendum thingy? It is near impossible to escape debates about it on television and radio because the media bods love it as it gives them further opportunity to spout hot air. It seems to me that issues Cameron has been trumpeting as a success in his negotiations are far from clear to the man in the street and there is still much to be discussed and rejected by the EU. Of course he had gone out of his way to protect the big financial institutions that make megabucks for themselves but a deafening silence on directly stemming immigration which puts pressure on housing, the NHS and schools, thanks to the increasing birth rates. There is nothing on curbing the European Court of Justice’s directives over our own legal system. He really needs to spell out clearly what the ‘concessions’ gained mean for ordinary citizens and to stop telling us that leaving the EU will be the end of the world as we know it. Otherwise how are we to make an informed decision?

You can't say that you are already heartily sick of the build-up to the (EU) referendum, SON, and then say that we need to be able to make an informed decision.

Son of Nomad

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2016, 10:45 AM »
Mmmm – I think I can. I’m trying to say I’m heartily sick of the subject almost monopolising the news and other programmes on radio, television and newspapers where politicians and pundits with polarised views constantly disagree, contradict and interrupt each other. It is tiresome. I want to be able to make my own mind up but so far, it seems to me that Cameron’s sole objective was to protect big business and the financial institutions, ignoring the core concerns of ordinary people – but have I missed something?. By the way I’m also fed up with the excessive media coverage of the American election razzmatazz. It really matters not one jot to us who wins that election so who cares? Do the yanks wet themselves over UK General Elections? I think not.   

Fudge

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2016, 11:31 AM »
Son of Nomad I agree fed up of hearing about both E U and America . And the children in nursery school behave better than the people running the country Fudge

greeny

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2016, 03:07 PM »
hi i voted to join the common market back in 1970 , at that time i thought it would be for trade , not we cant do this and we cant do that , if we come out of europ will we go back to pound shilling s and pence and feet and inches ,and pints and gallons , i am not sure how to vote this time round , but we have got to have the best possible deal with our own laws and and not dictated to who comes in our country and who dont  :) :)

KENNETHO

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2016, 04:41 AM »
in out shake it all about sounds like the oakay dokay cheers..

Fudge

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2016, 10:51 AM »
I don't think we will go back to Pounds again but a couple of years ago they did relent and say we could use the old measures along with the new Fudge

Too shy

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2016, 12:35 PM »
Mmmm – I think I can. I’m trying to say I’m heartily sick of the subject almost monopolising the news and other programmes on radio, television and newspapers where politicians and pundits with polarised views constantly disagree, contradict and interrupt each other. It is tiresome. I want to be able to make my own mind up but so far, it seems to me that Cameron’s sole objective was to protect big business and the financial institutions, ignoring the core concerns of ordinary people – but have I missed something?. By the way I’m also fed up with the excessive media coverage of the American election razzmatazz. It really matters not one jot to us who wins that election so who cares? Do the yanks wet themselves over UK General Elections? I think not.   

If you're "heartily sick of the subject almost totally monopolising the news", SON, then think of those poor folk who have no idea of which way to vote. If it wasn't in the news, how on earth would they inform themselves?

KENNETHO

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2016, 05:26 AM »
just read   about the 16 year old girl that shocked the question time panel about what she thought about the  eu.  cheers to her kennetho

greeny

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2016, 10:21 AM »
hi its getting a bit nearer still not made my mind up yet are we in are we out ,we are getting a mixed feelings and scare mongering on both sides the ins and the outs .nothing been said how it will effect pensioners yet ,will retirement age go up to 70s + if we leave e u and the living wage ? scraped ,thats why i am leaning to staying in E U to keep our human  rights for all and things that we have gained by being in the eu there are a few things i dont like about the e u but being in it we can fight for change  :)

Son of Nomad

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2016, 01:38 PM »
....... thats why i am leaning to staying in E U to keep our human  rights for all and things that we have gained by being in the eu there are a few things i dont like about the e u but being in it we can fight for change  :)

I don’t think we are in the euro – haven’t we still got the pound?

But isn’t it wonderful – we’ve now got Obama telling us what we ought to do. Can you imagine how the Americans would react if Cameron went there and ‘advised’ them on their future? On this occasion I agree with Boris Johnson who says they should keep their noses out of our affairs.

Fudge

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2016, 10:18 AM »
My mind is made up long ago never wanted it in the first place. Can you imagine telling the American's what they should do Let us get our country sorted not worrying about what other think Happy St George's Day Fudge

greeny

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2016, 10:18 AM »
hi if we leave the eu there will be no going back , if things go sour with inflation etc we will just have to lump it , still a hard choice to make in or out and times getting nearer