Author Topic: Market ground refurb update  (Read 23786 times)

Vanessa

• View Profile
Market ground refurb update
« on: October 30, 2015, 08:24 PM »
My video of today's visit to the market ground refurb including a look inside Wright's cafe kiosk.
https://youtu.be/0KXIlnw3c7E

KENNETHO

• View Profile
Re: Market ground refurb update
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2015, 09:45 PM »
thankyou  Vanessa very nice indeed you are a gem cheers kennetho

Fudge

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2015, 11:37 AM »
Thank you they look nice but still not like a proper Market were you can rumage around stalls Fudge

Patricia

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2015, 03:06 PM »
No heart, no soul, no individuality. It could be anywhere. Nothing like the Ashton Market I knew. Sad.

ayess

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2015, 04:33 AM »
Thank you Vanessa for your, as usual, excellent contributions. I have said it before and I'll say it again, nothing could beat the old Ashton Market for a day's entertainment. On Mondays, by the time you had watched a couple of the pot stall men doing their routine of "sell 'em or smash 'em", a couple of the guys selling things from magic shoe polish which was supposed to give you twice the shine on to the wonderful laundry powder fellows (we used to love it when they rubbed their demo clothes in between the setts (no fancy tarmac in those days). Not forgetting the Quack Doctors with there pills and potions the were reputed to almost bring the dead back to life. "I cannot explain how this works madam, there being children present. You understand don't you" nudge, nudge. And a finish up with sixpence to either go on the "Caterpillar" or six rolls on the "Roll Your Penny" stall. Three or four hours entertainment for sixpence. Beats sitting around on Facebook or X-box or what ever. Stay well.  Ayess.

greeny

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2015, 01:32 PM »
hi another great video keeping us updating the many changes of ashton ,i hope it as the same atmosphere of the market that use to be , will it be up and running by christmas  :)

Vanessa

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2015, 08:23 PM »
This part will be open in time for the Christmas market, but the complete refurbishment won't be finished until about May next year.

greeny

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2016, 12:03 PM »
hi it will be another 3 years before the market and the new buildings are complete so that will be around 2019  there will be a seating and gardens in front of the new buildings and market ground   :)

Vanessa

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2016, 07:52 PM »
Last I heard is that the new building and civic square was on track to be finished autumn 2018, the market itself is nearly complete, just some more stalls to put up in front of Iceland and the paving finished. There will be a Christmas market again this year and the Christmas lantern parade is returning.

Kiwi

• ɐoɹɐǝʇo∀ ɯoɹɟ ɐɹO ɐᴉʞ
    • View Profile
    • Central Hawkes Bay NZ
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2016, 11:02 PM »
Only 13 more weeks, are the shops selling Chrimbo tat already ?  :)
"We don't want blood all over the lawn and the hounds are fagged out from yesterdays Jehovah's witnesses"

KENNETHO

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2016, 11:42 PM »
The new market looks very good it is an. Improvement  as the years pass by it had to be upgraded and that they have done the video was great but I didn't see any bugger. Working. Cheers Kennetho.